Layering Chalk Paint

$25

Refinishing something is great but why not make it unique? Here’s how to layer chalk paint for a one of a kind look!

Here’s the before. Great detail but outdated. Clean the area you are going to paint. I use windex, krud Kutter or vinegar and water. Something that won’t leave heavy residue. Time to pick out your colors! Use as many as you’d like!

After it’s dried from cleaning, paint your base coat.

Once your first coat is dry, paint another coat and let dry completely.

This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 102630)

Now get your next color and apply with a fine brush across the detailed areas. Let dry completely.

I wanted to use a gold metallic for a little bit of shimmer! Repeat these steps with every color you choose. Letting each layer dry completely.

* the metallic dolor should always be last applied.

Time to seal! After all layers are dry, it’s time to seal. Use the product that goes with the brand of paint you used. I prefer a wax for a sealer but other brands have different top coats. Use you’re favorite! But if you’re a beginner, wax will be the easiest option.

For this much detail, a smaller artist brush will work better in getting in all the crevices.

Here’s the final result. A finish with more color and detail.

Follow me on social media to follow me on all my projects and products I use.

30 Different Ways to DIY an Adorable Snowman This Winter
15 DIY Projects That Will Make You Say "WOW!"
Grab Some Pool Noodles And Copy These 3 Ideas
Old License Plates Lying Around? Check Out These 28 Snazzy Decor Ideas
15 Perfectly Round Tables
Jazz Up Your Bathroom With These 30 Stylish Additions

To see more: https://linktr.ee/r.e.picks