DIY Vintage Bottle Wall Art

$50

Let's have fun creating a gorgeous piece of wall art that is super easy and very budget friendly. My dilemma was that I had this empty space above my arched hutch and it needed a little something to fill it. I looked for months and I couldn't find anything to go there, or if I did, it was way too expensive. SO, the next best thing was to create something on my own. The good thing about that is it was very reasonable to make. I already had the bottles on hand from an antique shop years ago so I only had to purchase the birch wood branch, the corbels and the cord.

Finished Project!
Measure the wall

The first ting you want to do is measure the width of the wall. We did that and then divided the number by 2 to get the center.

Install screws where corbels will go

After we figured out the center we then went 11 inches in on each side to place the corbels. I found these cute wooden corbels at Hobby Lobby.

Place birchwood on corbels

Once we got the corbels hung, we placed the birch wood branch on top of the corbels.

Attach bottles to the branch

I used a translucent cord from Hobby Lobby to secure the bottles to the branch. I simply tied the cord around the neck of the bottle where there was a groove. I triple knotted it for safety. I love how it looks as though the bottles are just free floating.

Place birch wood with bottles on the corbels

I took the birch wood branch down while I installed the bottles. I just braced it over two backs of chairs and it worked well.

I added some plum eucalyptus to the bottles for a little Fall flair! I cannot wait to change the flowers out with each season. In the winter, I am going to put twinkle lights in them and put snow inside the bottles.

I love how it turned out. It was such a fun and easy project to do! Let me know what you think!

The Best Nautical Home Decor Ideas To Try Right Now
31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
Easy DIY Ideas To Add Some FUN To Your Office Space
Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
Tracy Graham

• Connie K
    Connie K

I have extremely high ceilings in the great room. I too have a curio cabinet on one wall. I was wondering what I could use to fill up some space above the top of the cabinet. Something similar would work well.

• Summyr
    Summyr

I love this! What a cool idea! I have some little mini bottles... now you've got me thinking! Question... now that your bottles have been up for a while, how's that string holding up? I'm scared the string will sag and the bottles could break! Any ideas? They're vintage collectibles on my end, I'm scared! This is how I have them now but that ceiling goes way up... I'd rather put more pictures or something up there and get a bigger collection of bottles 😅 let me know your thoughts... maybe L brackets or something to hold the bottles up?

William

It's different and cute.

• Flipturn
    Flipturn

This is a whimsical idea wall decoration, but I think presently it looks disjointed and unfinished.

After the bottles are tightly secured with the fishing line, additional thicker and more colorful yarn/rope needs to be added to connect the bottles with the branch. This additional color/texture would help fill in, and give more dimension to the blank wall space behind the bottles.