Toy Car Photo Frame

$20
1 Day

I had an old frame in my sons room that was in need of an upcycle, so I decided to give it a new look and incorporate some old metal toy cars to match his decor.

BEFORE

Over the years we’ve built quite a collection of matchbox sized cars, most of them we have found at thrift stores. I sorted through them and picked a bunch that he didn’t play with anymore.

I then lined them all up around the frame to make sure I had enough to fit.

Next, I used some rustoleum paint & primer and sprayed painted all the cars.

Spray painting the cars

I left the cars to dry for a few hours and then put some Selleys hold up in a container and painted the glue onto the wheels of the car with a small brush and then stuck them onto the frame.

Glueing in the cars

Once I had glued all the cars down, I left the frame to sit flat for approx 12 hours until the glue had fully dried.

Lastly, once the glue was dried I hung it back onto the wall in my sons bedroom. He thinks it’s pretty cool. 😊

For more of my projects please check out my Instagram page @_prettyliving

End result

14 DIY Must-Haves For All Camping Trips
3 Gorgeous Decor Projects In The Oh-So-Chic Geometric Style
30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
15 Kitchen DIY Ideas That Will Come In Handy
31 Clever Ideas To Reuse Muffin Pans And Cupcake Liners
How A Little Bit Of Glitter Can Go A Long Way!
18 Beautiful Crafts For The 4th of July

• Flipturn
    Flipturn

Parts of the vehicles or selected vehicles, such as only the airplanes, could be painted with glow-in-the-dark paint. Then the parts that were painted would shine at night, making the frame function as a nightlight of sorts.

• Patricia
    Patricia

Great idea!!