Concrete Pumpkins

$10

Such a fun little project for some fall decor!

Gather supplies

All you need is concrete, panty hose, and twine. Id recommend concrete with less rocks than mine.

Mix your concrete

Keep it pretty thick, less water! More of a cake batter consistency.

Lay out twine

I went ahead and cut my string and got it ready for the concrete. This will make the grooves in your pumpkins.

Fill panty hose

Fill the panty hose with concrete to your desired size.

Tie String

Tie the string around your concrete “balls” and pull tight to create those grooves.

Remove panty hose

After a few hours the concrete should be set. Meaning your shape holds even though its not fully dry. Its important to move the panty hose before it fully dries so that it doesn't get stuck in the concrete.

Allow dry time

I allowed a full 48 hours for my pumpkins to dry. They will become much lighter when they do. You can also sand down any rough spots.

Add stems

Using a stick from my backyard I added some cute little stems! You can choose to paint your pumpkins or leave the natural concrete.

Copy One Of These Lovely Lattice Ideas For Your Home
25 Ways You Can Be an Artist - With No Experience Necessary!
18 Stunning Backsplash Ideas You Do Not Want To Miss!
Dollar Store Gem Backsplash
18 Ideas to Keep You From Feeling Blue
31 Ways To Keep Your Home Organized

• Val
    Val

How did you attach the stems?

• Elaine
    Elaine

QUESTION? Did you fill the legs or the buttocks with cement? How did you tie it off to keep the cement in??? Great idea! Thanks 4 sharing😊

• Elaine
    Elaine

Ooops! I placed my question in the wrong box. Can anyone tell me 1. where she poured the cement? The legs, thighs or buttocks of the stocking? 2. How did she or would you tie off the stocking to keep the cement in before placing it into the bowls with string? GREAT IDEA!😊 THANKS!!!😊

• April
      April

I'm not certain, Elaine, but it looks like the concrete was poured into the buttocks, legs and waistband twisted up top. You don't want to tie it BEFORE pouring concrete into the bowl, you'll want to secure stocking AND string with whatever means you choose (I'd just tie or thick rubber band it) so thai it is easily removable once dry enough. I can't wait to try this myself!