Concrete Pumpkins

$10

Such a fun little project for some fall decor!

Gather supplies

All you need is concrete, panty hose, and twine. Id recommend concrete with less rocks than mine.

Mix your concrete

Keep it pretty thick, less water! More of a cake batter consistency.

Lay out twine

I went ahead and cut my string and got it ready for the concrete. This will make the grooves in your pumpkins.

Fill panty hose

Fill the panty hose with concrete to your desired size.

Tie String

Tie the string around your concrete “balls” and pull tight to create those grooves.

Remove panty hose

After a few hours the concrete should be set. Meaning your shape holds even though its not fully dry. Its important to move the panty hose before it fully dries so that it doesn't get stuck in the concrete.

Allow dry time

I allowed a full 48 hours for my pumpkins to dry. They will become much lighter when they do. You can also sand down any rough spots.

Add stems

Using a stick from my backyard I added some cute little stems! You can choose to paint your pumpkins or leave the natural concrete.

31 Ways To Get Privacy Inside And Outside Your Home
30 Amazing Ways To Organize Your Shoes
30 Unbelievable Backyard Update Ideas
Spring Cleaning Tricks for the Kitchen
Step-by-Step Painting Techniques You'll Want to Try!
15 Memorial Day Crafts
15 Amazing Things You Can Do With Paint Stirrers
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
31 Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
31 Gorgeous Homemade Candle Ideas You're Going to Want to Try
Update Your Plain Dishes With These Adorable Ideas
Get The Party Started With These Perfect DIY Decor Ideas
3 Creative Eye Catching Rug Projects That No One Else Has!

• Val

How did you attach the stems?

• Elaine

QUESTION? Did you fill the legs or the buttocks with cement? How did you tie it off to keep the cement in??? Great idea! Thanks 4 sharing😊

• Elaine

Ooops! I placed my question in the wrong box. Can anyone tell me 1. where she poured the cement? The legs, thighs or buttocks of the stocking? 2. How did she or would you tie off the stocking to keep the cement in before placing it into the bowls with string? GREAT IDEA!😊 THANKS!!!😊

• April
      24 minutes ago

I'm not certain, Elaine, but it looks like the concrete was poured into the buttocks, legs and waistband twisted up top. You don't want to tie it BEFORE pouring concrete into the bowl, you'll want to secure stocking AND string with whatever means you choose (I'd just tie or thick rubber band it) so thai it is easily removable once dry enough. I can't wait to try this myself!