Log Holder or Magazine Holder

$15

If you are looking for a subtle way to add some warmth to your home this fall, I found the perfect way to do it for you. This is an easy, inexpensive, and quick DIY. Is there anything better? Plus, it looks great in your home! If you want a full video tutorial of how I made this, visit instagram.com/frommhouselove

The first step in this project was taking either a 1x2 pine board or 1x4 board and cutting it on the table saw to make it a square 3/4 in x 3/4 in. I then brought those pieces to the miter saw to cut them to the correct length.

You can use whatever dimensions you would like for this, but I cut four pieces at 14 inches for the sides, two 19 inch pieces for the front and back, and two 9 inch pieces for the connecting bottom pieces.

I chose to paint my sticks black and used Rustoleum spray paint.

I like this spray paint a lot, but it did need a couple of coats to ensure the wood grain didn't show through.

Next up was to get the material ready. I used Caramel Faux Leather from the Joann Fabric's upholstery selection.

Now, you could double this up so the front and back look the same. I decided to save my material and only have the nice side show on the outside. Instead I folded the fabric in 3 inches on each side.

I used a glue gun to glue the very edge of the fabric down.

Then I sewed a top stitch to make it look a little more finished.

Make sure to measure the width of your stick before sewing the top of your material to make sure it will fit through.

Now it's rime to assemble the wood part. I started by making two U shapes with the 14 inch pieces and the 9 inch pieces.

To do this I used wood glue and 2 inch brad nails. I did the same thing with the 19 inch pieces at the top. But before you attach those two 19 inch pieces to the other side, be sure to thread your fabric through first.

That's it! A pretty easy project that adds a lot of warmth to you home. Go give it a try!

Cuddling Up At Home With A Bottle Of Wine? Then Try These Projects!
31 Tricks To Help You Fix The Wood In Your Home:
These 21 Bloggers Came Up With The Most Amazing Organization Ideas
25 Decor Ideas That Will Add Some Spring to Your Home
13 DIY Projects That Scream Canada
15 Fun Things You Can Make Using Your Cricut

• Bren
    Bren

Love it. And I already have all the materials to make one. Now I know what I’m gonna do with that faux leather.

• Alleronda
    Alleronda

I love this idea! Thanks for sharing your creativity. I have a gas fireplace but I am going to attempt to make this for throws.