Glowing, No-Mess Slime (yes, No Mess!)

$30
1 Day

Need slime as part of your Halloween décor but don’t want to deal with the mess? This shapeable glowing slime can be molded into almost any form, lights up for your nighttime display, and it’s easy to pack away after the holiday is over.

You’ll need: (affiliate link proceeds earned on my blog are donated to no-kill animal shelters and rescue organizations):

Chicken wire, spray foam insulation, and green string lights

A drop cloth, florescent green spray paint, and protective gloves

First, form the chicken wire into your desired shape.

I want to make it look like slime is running down some steps so I’m bending the wire to fit each angle.

Place the formed chicken wire over a drop cloth and lay the green string lights so they cover the surface. Ensure the outlet end is pulled out and away from the wire.

Using protective gloves, spray the foam insulation all over the wire and the lights so that everything is fully covered. Spray in a random pattern so the foam looks like oozing slime.

Allow to fully expand and harden. This will take a few hours.

Once dried, use the florescent green spray paint to lightly coat the surface.

After the paint has dried, set your finished slime back onto the spot where you want to display it and place additional props around it as needed. Your slime will look creepy during the day…

…and glow an icky green at night.

Watch the step-by-step video tutorial here! All proceeds from my YouTube channel are donated to no-kill animal shelters and rescue organizations. Please watch, like, share, and subscribe to help raise donations for animals in need ❤

Make Your Home a Winter Wonderland With These Stunning Ideas
Get The Party Started With These Perfect DIY Decor Ideas
21 Ways To Use Those Pickle Jars You've Been Saving
Do Your Kitchen Cabinets Need an Update?
18 Beautiful Crafts For The 4th of July
Easy DIY Remedies For Your 7 Most Hated Bugs
OnTheFly...DIY

• Andreas

I can put that decoration durin the winter in my garden

• KB

Love my pets too! Great project! You are right about the shoes, I love a good pair of heels too! I shouldn't have said donate them, Just a time and place as appropriate....

• Robin Carneiro

Wow, KB, judgy much? If my knees allowed it, I'd wear heels like that every day. I hate 'sensible' hair and wardrobes. It ages you faster than the sun!

Please keep wearing your fabulous heels!

• KB

You are right. Not normal for me. I'd been watching some misongynistic newscast and that post was unlike me! I love high heels, I have a job where I run in them, though no one should have too. Dedicated to animal rescue, you'll never know... not a jealous person, though you might think that. Bad moment which I regret, forgive me. The post is very creative, very talented young woman. I love the hometalk site, have learned a lot and hate snarky comments by those who live to hurt others feelings.