Corn Husk Wreath

$20

I have searched high and low for a good corn husk wreath this season. In an effort to welcome in the cooler weather, I wanted a simple wreath that had both an organic feel and a great rustic look. Finding a realistic, affordable corn husk wreath was hard! I did find one at Target for a decent price, but I really wanted something a little bigger and more substantial! So, I decided to just make my own.

Gather Your Supplies

You will need: A straw wreath, corn husks, T pins, glue gun, scissors, water, and paper towels/ hand towels.

Soak Your Husks in Water

Begin by submerging each corn husk into a bowl of water. This will help to make the husks easier to work with.

Dab Husks Dry With A Paper Towel

Dab off any extra water using a paper towel or a hand towel.

Wrap Straw Wreath

Completely wrap your straw wreath in corn husks. You want to make sure to overlap the edges of each husk to ensure that all of the straw is covered.

Use T Pins

Use a T pin to secure each corn husk on the bottom of the wreath as you go. After the first layer of husks are fully dry (an hour or two), then you can begin adding the first decorative layer.

Trim Husks As Needed

You may have to 'prepare' some of your husks. Several of the husks that I bought came out of the package in the shape of a rectangle. In order to achieve this 'star' look, I had to trim a few with scissors.

Construct First Layer

Once the husks are cut to shape, you will need to submerge each husk in water, dab off any extra water, and then pin them into place (still damp) and allow them to dry "into" shape. I use T pins to hold the husks in place as they dried.

Add As Many Layers As You Want

Go around the wreath, adding in as many layers as you wish. I added about 4 layers.

Secure Dried Husks with Hot Glue

After husks are completely dried, usually a few hours, permanently attach each husk with hot glue using a glue gun.

Add Layers

Layer them in, one section at a time and use scissors to trim any husks to the length of your liking. Do this step until you reach your desired fullness.

Add Glue Where Needed

Once the hot glue dries then hang the wreath to see how the husks fall. Add any extra dabs of glue where needed to secure lose husks.

Style Your New Corn Husk Wreath

Hang your new corn husk wreath and enjoy.

3 Gorgeous Decor Projects In The Oh-So-Chic Geometric Style
3 Easy Ways to Make The Cutest Coasters for Your House
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
Emily Baker