Large Burlap Pumpkin

$10

I was on my way to a table of free items advertised on my my local Facebook page when I noticed a large piece of aluminum duct work on the side of the road. So I did what any junk loving crafter would do, I pulled over and threw it into my car.

The first thing I did was to stretch it out as far as it would go, it was expandable. 

Then I cut it in half. The hose was easy to cut with regular scissors. The aluminum is easy to cut with scissors, no metal snips required!

I turned one of the pieces around in a circle and attached it together with aluminum flex tape that is made for duct work. I just happened to have some, you could use regular duct tape or masking tape. 

My intention was to wrap this form in burlap so any tape will work. I hot glued one end of my rolled burlap to the center of the circle then wrapped the burlap around the ductwork. I kept wrapping until I went all the way around then hot glued the other end in the center. 

The stem I added was a piece of a wooden chair leg and the leaf is a painted piece of burlap. I attached them both with hot glue to the center of the pumpkin.

This can be made with any color or design of rolled burlap, this one was about 4" wide, it comes in all sizes. The pumpkin is light weight and looks amazing on the fireplace. Thanks so much for visiting. You can read more about this pumpkin tutorial by visiting Homeroad.net where you can sign up for the Homeroad emails so I can send my latest tutorials straight to you. For more repurposed pumpkin projects please visit the link in the GO BOX below.

26 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You REALLY Excited for Christmas
Spring Cleaning Tricks for the Kitchen
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
Get The Party Started With These Perfect DIY Decor Ideas
22 Homemade Soaps You Can Give As Gifts All Year Round
Homeroad

• Gin
    Gin

How long was the was aluminum duct? How big a round, the circumference of the pumpkin did it come out to be? I’d like to make a three tier stack of them.

• Homeroad
    Homeroad

Thank you so much Melinda! I love what I do! Please visit more at Homeroad.net!

• Maude  LaFountain
    Maude LaFountain

SWEET !!! Now that's a pumpkin I can make .....I believe I have one of those DRYER DUCT rolls ......They are cheap anyway at Home Depot or Lowes ....That really is sweet looking and my daughter-in- law would love it she's a Halloween Lover big time ....Thanks for sharing ...

• Homeroad
      Homeroad

Thanks so much Maude! For more DIY projects visit me at Homeroad.net and sign up for the emails.