Creamy White Boho Buffet Makeover

$40

I love buffets!

Buffets are one of my favorite pieces of furniture because –

• they can be used in many rooms
  • they offer a lot of storage
  • AND, they can be made over to fit any style.

Whenever I find a buffet that has loads of potential and is a good price, I pick it up. They aren’t easy to come by around here. I can find dressers a lot easier than I can find buffets.

So, when a friend reached out to me while she was at a yard sale and said there were some pieces I might be interested in, I hurried over there. There were two buffets at this sale. They were both priced right, but one of them had been a chewing toy for a dog. The legs were pretty chewed up and would not be easy to fix.

This buffet, however, was in pretty good condition and I couldn’t wait to get it home.

IT STILL HAD ALL THE ORIGINAL HARDWARE!!! (*insert happy dancing emoji)

The legs had some peeling veneer, but you know that is not a deal-breaker for me. I have found three easy ways to remedy peeling veneer. I can fix it as I did with  this dresser makeover or I can  remove it with this easy process. Since it was only on the legs, I used one of my favorite tools and was able to remove it as I did with  this green makeover.  

Once I had the veneer issue taken care of, I sanded to legs to make them smooth and ready for paint.

Then, it was time to give the buffet a good cleaning. A lot of times, I just use a damp cloth to clean furniture pieces. If they need more than that, I will use a vinegar and water mixture or my Thieves cleaner.

Once the buffet was clean and dry, it was time for paint. 

I chose to paint the buffet in one of my favorite creamy white colors. This color is a beautiful, creamy, white color. It is perfect for any style, but I thought it would really go well with the wood tones on the buffet.

When the paint dried, I applied my favorite flat top coat.

Once the Clear Coat was dry, I used one of my favorite products on the drawer fronts. This stuff is amazing! It cleaned up the drawer fronts perfectly! They looked brand new after I applied it. It is called (aff)   Restor-A-Finish and I use an old rag to apply it. It is so easy to use and you can’t mess it up. It comes in a few colors. I used the neutral color for the drawer fronts. If you work on wood projects, you need to have this stuff on hand. You will be amazed by what it can do.

This makeover is one of my favorites! I sold it to someone who was super excited to get in into her family room.

To see more about the makeover, and the products and colors I used, head over to my blog post: https://mycreativedays.porch.com/creamy-white-boho-buffet-makeover/

Super Cool Painting Techniques You've Probably Never Seen!
How To: Make Hot Glue Placemats + More Crafts Ideas!
15 Bathroom Upgrades That You Can Totally DIY
Do You Want to Make Over a Room in Your Home & Add Gorgeous Built-Ins?
Lindsay Eidahl

• Carolyn from NH
    Carolyn from NH

Oh I like it. Perfect blend of wood and paint. Nice work, good eye.

• Mona Plunkett
    Mona Plunkett

This looks very attractive. I especially like the point that you painted it and then DID NOT sand off parts to give it a worn out appearance. I love that it is whole and smooth. I can never seem to find lovely pieces like this to 're-do.' Love the look and brightness of it. Job well done!