DIY Round Side Table Makeover

$20

I am excited to share this round side table makeover with you today! It was an easy project and I am IN LOVE with its shape and how it turned out.

I haven’t been to many yard sales this summer, but I have found a couple that have been so much fun! I think I have maybe stopped at five yard sales total this summer. That is a crazy low number for me. I am usually out and about every week seeing what I can find. The pandemic has changed that, but it hasn’t stopped it completely. I have been to two sales this summer that were really amazing and I came home with some great finds. Although, through this pandemic, I am a little pickier about what I am bringing home. piece really has to speak to me for me to bring it home this year and this table was screeeamminggggg, “TAKE ME HOME!”

I listened.

I didn’t see this table right away because the lady hosting the sale had a bunch of things on it. When I finally did get a glimpse at it, I asked her if it was for sale. She said, “yes” and I told her I would take it.

The situation on the top didn’t chase me away, it was just surprising when she took all the stuff off of it.

Peeling veneer is never a deterrent for me because I have discovered three different methods to fix it. 

The part that was really speaking to me about this table was the shape of the base and from the side, the table didn’t look so bad. 

The first thing I had to do was get out (aff)  my favorite heat gun and see if I could make the top and the edge around the top look better. 

It worked SO WELL!

Once all the veneer was off, I used my (aff)  orbital sander to prep the edge and top for stain.

I really liked the chippy black paint on the base, but when I rubbed a piece of sandpaper over it, it all fell off. I have never had paint come off that easily. I usually have to use the orbital sander and a lot of elbow grease. Since this was coming off without any trouble at all, I decided to remove it all and stain the entire table. 

This was my first time using a gel stain and I loved this one!!! I am hooked! It was so easy to apply and the color is beautiful! 

Once I had the table done and it was dry, I brought it into our living room. Since we got a new sofa, I have not been inspired in this room, but the table was a perfect fit for the left side of the sofa. 

To see more about this makeover and the gel stain brand and color I used, head to my blog: https://mycreativedays.porch.com/diy-round-side-table-makeover/

31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
Use Ribbon To Decorate For Christmas With These Last Minute Ideas!
30 Amazing Ways To Organize Your Shoes
25 Beautiful Things You Can Make With Rope & Twine
3 Super Cool Marbelizing Techniques Everyone's Trying!
31 Ways For You To Style Your Garden
25 Creative Ways You Can Decorate Using Maps
Lindsay Eidahl

• Tam
    Tam

Oooooh, bet that lady would be so jealous of your 'treasure' to her 'junk' (in a kind way, of course)

• Lindsay Eidahl
    Lindsay Eidahl

HAHA! I hope she would love it. She said she just never got around to making it over.