Cleaning Hack: How To Make Your Home Smell Great While Vacuuming

$10
1 Minute

Want a super quick way to make your house smell fresh while vacuuming  ? This hack makes your home smell amazing for hours and it's so easy to do! All you need is a cotton ball, your favorite essential oils, and your vacuum. Next time you're revving up your vacuum, just try this hack and get a clean floor and aromatic air all at the same time.

Step 1: Gather supplies
  • Cotton balls
  • Essential oils - I purchased my kit at Amazon for under $10. Use whichever fragrances you love best.
  • Vacuum
  • I use this method on both my canister vacuum and Dyson.
Step 2: Add Oil

Sprinkle a few drops of essential oils on your cotton balls. About 5-10 drops per cotton ball works well. My Favorite blend is Lavender and Lemongrass

Step 3: Place In Vacuum

Just place the cotton ball inside your vacuum bag. I also add a few essential oil drops directly on the filter of my Miele, just to make the aroma a bit stronger.

**********************************************************

On my Bagless Stick Dyson - I add a few drop on the cloth filter which is located on the top handle and toss a cotton ball in the dust canister.

***********************************************************

Step 4: Start Cleaning

Now, just vacuum and enjoy the fresh aroma. This is an incredibly quick way to make your home smell great just prior to company arriving.

You can view my quick TikTok Video here.

Happy Cleaning

Hide Your Couch's Wear and Tear With These Great Ideas
31 Ways For You To Style Your Garden
3 Gorgeous Ideas to Use Photo Frames - and Not for Pictures!
16 Fun Ways You Can Use Food To Decorate Your Home
Fun Father's Day Gift Ideas You Can Make Yourself
25 Fun Things You'll Want to DIY Before the Spring Arrives
13 Bird Feeders From Upcycled Items
Rebecca, RestyledHomes

• Sharon Folsom
    Sharon Folsom

Where do You put it in a bagless vacuum cleaner.

• Amy
      Amy

You can also just put one cotton ball with EO on it in each room, then vacuum it up.

• Dee
    Dee

Is it safe to use these oils if you have pets ?

• Terra Gazelle
      Terra Gazelle

The essential oil does not get out of the vacuum.its just the fragrance..that should not harm the pets., I wouldn't think.

• KRistin
    KRistin

Over time, does this not leave a residue on surfaces?