How To Clean Your Oven Glass In Under 1 Minute

$6

Cleaning your oven glass is a royal pain since cleaning with regular glass cleaner will not break down the debris. Here's my oven cleaning hack to complete this ignoring task in under a minute.

Dirty Oven Glass

Supplies Needed

Most of already have the supplies needed in our kitchens.

STEP 1
  1. Sprinkle baking soda across your oven glass.
  2. Add about 1/2 cup of boiling water.
STEP 2
  • Ball up foil so it can be used as your sponge AKA scrubber
  • Move the foil in circles motions to remove grime

As the alkaline baking soda reacts to the aluminum foil it helps break down the debris that is cake-on to your the glass on your oven.

STEP 3

To assist in wiping off the baking soda paste that was created during the cleaning process use a damp microfiber cloth.

Depending on the condition of the glass it may take a few wipe downs to remove the messy residue.

Lastly, use a clean microfiber cloth to buff the glass to a shine.

TIP: Try to get into the habit of using this cleaning method often. It will take a minute to remove all the debris and grease off your glass if you keep up with it.

All done

22 Ideas To Make Your Terracotta Pots Look Oh-So-Pretty
16 Floating Shelves That Will Stun Guests
3 Great Ideas To Easily Upgrade Your Window
Do You Want to Make Over a Room in Your Home & Add Gorgeous Built-Ins?
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
Rebecca, RestyledHomes

• Judy
    Judy

Do you know how to clean inside the glass on the oven door? Someone dripped on the top of the door and the spots are inside the 2 panes of glass? There are small vents at the top of the oven door so I guess the spill hit the right "bad" spot!!

• AKP
      AKP

If you cook enough, it's impossible NOT to have drip marks between the glass. That is extremely common in a well used kitchen.

• Wandamurline
    Wandamurline

The foil does NOT scratch the glass?

• Angela Stuprich
    Angela Stuprich

How do you clean the inside of the oven Inside the glass?

• Rebecca, RestyledHomes
      Rebecca, RestyledHomes

Hi Angela,

I posted a common way {video} on the blog post itself. However, it depends on the make/model, and it’s always best to confirm access point with the manufacture.

Rebecca

• Laura Eileen Taff
    Laura Eileen Taff

YES, I WILL DO THIS ONE. I FOUND ON AMAZON AN "EASY OFF PROFESSIONAL OVEN CLEANER." SO, I ORDERED IT, FOR $6.00 A CAN. IT TOOK ME ONLY 20 MINUTES TO CLEAN BAKED ON GREASE AND SPILL OVERS. EVEN THE SIDES THE GREASE AND GRIME CAME FLOATING OFF. MY OVEN IS REALLY OLD AND NOW IT LOOKS BRAND NEW INSIDE THE OVEN! I AM SO HAPPY WITH THE RESULTS. JUST PASSING ALONG A PRODUCT I FOUND TO BE WELL WORTH IT'S PRICE.

• Rebecca, RestyledHomes
      Rebecca, RestyledHomes

Thanks, Laura. I have asthma so I can't use Easy Off

When my oven is bad inside I place two small bowls inside - one with water on one rack and a small cup of ammonia cleaner on another rack.

Next, I close the door and allow it to sit over night. The next morning my husband will remove the two bowls and air it out.

The trick is to warm up your oven for a few minutes prior to get the fumes to roll around in there. The fumes are so strong it degreases the oven.

Crazy.

• Laura Eileen Taff
    Laura Eileen Taff

THIS EASY OFF IS ABSOLUTELY NO ODOR. I HAVE COPD AND I CANNOT HAVE STRONG SMELLS AROUND ME. LIKE I SAID, NO ODORS ONLY IS WHAT I CAN USE AND TO ME, THIS IS A MIRACLE PRODUCT. NOW, AMMONIA WOULD JUST KILL MY LUNGS. I HAVE NO ONE TO TAKE OUT IN THE MORNING, BUT IF I WERE YOU, I WOULD GIVE THIS PRODUCT A TRY. THE INSIDE OF MY OVEN NEVER LOOKED SO SHINY AND NOW I HATE TO HAVE TO COOK BAKE IN IT.