Create a Little Art in Your Bathroom

$45

We have been doing a lot of DIY renovations to our home. When it came to our Master Bath, I really didn’t want to go to the expense of a huge remodel at this time, but I definitely knew that something had to be done to make the spa tub surround/skirt more appealing. It was really plain & honestly quite ugly.

As I sat on the edge of my bed & peered into the Master Bath, It came to me that the surround appeared to look more like framing than a skirt, so why not add a little art into the frames?

it turned out to be a really simple, unique & Inexpensive fix to the biggest eyesore in our Master Bath area.

Step one ... sand to prep wood for paint & wipe down afterwards

I sanded the wood by hand with a medium grade sandpaper of 120, then Followed up sanding once more with a finer grade sandpaper of 600 to smooth the wood after stripping the varnish from it with the sandpaper.

Once all the sanding was complete, I wiped down all the wood with Isopropyl Alcohol.

Step 2 ... prime & paint the frames

Next I primed & painted the frames around the areas that I planed to display art images in.

Step 3 ... add images

Next I began adding images to our tub surround. I had purchased 2 large wall paintings for this project. One was purchased at a local thrift store, and the other came from a neighborhood garage sale. Each of the 2 paintings were cut in half & sized to fit into side by side frames. This allowed me to only have to purchase 2 paintings instead of 4, and make each set into separate yet complete paintings. Once the paintings were sized, I painted the backs of the paintings with glue & placed them into the frames. After the paintings were glued into place. I glued another very small strip of white wood just on the inside of the frame & on top of the paintings to give each one a more finished look.

Final product ... looks so much better than old Surround

These 21 Bloggers Came Up With The Most Amazing Organization Ideas
3 Absolutely Adorable Ways To Display Your Plants
3 Fantastic Step-By-Step Ideas What To Do With Pallets!
30 Useful Ways To Reuse Plastic Bottles
20 Easy Projects To Help You Get Ready For Easter
30 Ideas To Make Your Office Look Great
15 Fun Things You Can Make Using Your Cricut

• Donna Schulz
    Donna Schulz

Thank you so much. We live in Florida & it only seems natural to us, that our home should take on the same Beachy vibe that brought us to this area to live.

• Lyn
    Lyn

BRILLIANT!!! Looks sooooo good!!!!🤗