Easy Custom Drawer Organizer

$0

I hate buying drawer organizers. They're expensive to buy new, and the ones at the thrift store tend to be overpriced piece of junk. So I came up with an easy and cheap way to make my own out of scrap wood!

I started by placing my items in the drawer, so I knew how I wanted them organized.

Then I cut scrap 1x2 pieces to fit the spaces, placing them in the drawer to judge the fit as I went.

I used my miter saw for all of the cuts.

Then I started attaching the pieces with wood glue and brad nails. I have an awesome brad nail gun that made this really easy!

I did this in chunks, so that my nail gun could access all of the joints.

You could probably get away with just using wood glue and clamps, but it'd be tricky and take a long time. You'd need to keep each clamp in place until the glue was dry, which would slow down assembly significantly.

Since I did use the brad nails, it was pretty sturdy once it was assembled, so I just popped it straight into the drawer.

If you like this project, be sure to check out the full blog post for all the details! And if you're looking for more awesome desk organization projects, check out my monitor riser desk organizer. It sits on top of the desk, and I absolutely love it!

31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
15 Amazing Things You Can Do With Paint Stirrers
10 Popular Cabinet Makeovers That Will Transform Your Kitchen
15 Simple Projects Under 30 Min To Get You Ready For The Spring Season
30 Great Ideas For Every Pet Owner!
Lindsay Fay

• Melanie
    Melanie

What are the dividers made of? Where do you buy them? Also, please turn the music, down, down, down. Thabks

• Lynne
    Lynne

awesome idea! i have a lot of wood scraps i might try.

• Patti
    Patti

Try a utensil tray. I use for many things, including organizing my thread & bobbins.