Painting a Concrete Porch and Walkway

$100
1 Day

Our concrete porch and walkway looked dingy and weathered.

At Home Depot, I came across Behr Concrete & Garage 1 Part Epoxy Floor Coating. They had a lot of colors to choose from. Our house is a peach color, so we looked for something that would complement it and picked Sahara Sand.

Luckily, the color turned out to be a good match!

On a side note, we actually did this project over a year ago, and have pressure washed it a couple of times since then. The color still looks as vibrant as the day we did it, with no peeling whatsoever. Not bad for being out in the Florida sun!

We did our porch area, small walkway, and decided to stop at the driveway. That seemed like the perfect pop of color and curb appeal. It was a quick, easy job to do and we're happy with how it turned out.

I’ve attached the video of our process if you’d rather watch that.

YouTube Video

Check out the difference in that 'before and after!'

Pressure Wash the Surface

I’m using a pressure washer to clean the concrete really well before painting it. Also, if you have any chips in the concrete, you may want to patch them now before painting. We didn’t have any major chips, so we moved on to the next step.

Doing the cut-ins

With the angled brush, I cut-in the areas around the walls and any areas the roller wouldn't reach. As a tip, it's best to have one person do the cut-ins while another person rolls in order to avoid "banding."

Rolling the Paint

Once I had the roller cover on, extension pole attached, and the tray filled with paint, I began rolling. I recoated the roller as needed until the job was done.

Allow Time For Paint to Cure

We avoided walking on the area until the next day to give the paint time to cure.

This was one of the easier home improvements, and we still enjoy the look of it.

18 Beautiful Crafts For The 4th of July
Spring Cleaning Tricks for the Kitchen
Valentine's Day Is Getting Closer! Get Ready With These Lovely Ideas
3 Cute Step-by-Step Ideas For Unique Planters
Beautify Your Home With These Flower Ideas
15 Fun Things You Can Make Using Your Cricut

1 comment