Fall Grapevine Wreath Using Dried Hydrangeas

$30

Time to update those summer wreaths!

My limelite hydrangea shrubs were overflowing with hydrangeas! Now that I have the drying process down let’s make some wreaths!

I honestly struggled at first with making my wreaths!

What I envisioned was so much prettier than my initial outcome. Lol.

I ended up taking the first one apart and redoing it. Then I made 2 more for the front porch and seemed to have gotten better each time!

Items Needed

• Grapevine wreath
  • Floral wire
  • Glue gun
  • Dried Hydrangeas
  • Something to lay this on to catch the huge mess your about to make 
  • Scissors
  • Floral filler
Bow

Let’s start by making our bows!

I usually do 2 to 3 loops on my bow. For these I decided on 2 loops

Start by cutting your ribbon.

For a 2 loop bow you will need three pieces of ribbon the exact same length. Two of these pieces will be use for your loops and the third one will be for your tail.

Honestly, the length of your ribbon depends on how big you want your bow. You also need one additional piece of ribbon for the center of your bow. For this piece tie a knot in it.

Apply a thin strip of hot glue to the end and then glue the other end of the ribbon to it forming a loop.

make 2 of these.

After you have your 2 loops you will pinch them down in the middle and then stack the 2 loops and the tail on top of one another.

You can hold them tight and wrap your center piece around and hot glue it. Or some people prefer to glue each layer together or I have even seen people use twine in the center to keep it good and tight before they apply the knotted piece.

Wreath

The amount of hydrangea you will need depends on how full you want your wreath and if you want to fill the entire wreath or just one side of it. I Initially made my first wreath with hydrangeas all the way around. This is where I ended up taking it apart and redoing it positioning the hydrangeas only on one side.

I always start by laying out how I want my wreath to look. Then move everything off the wreath and add your floral wire about 3-4 inches apart. Lay several stems on the wreath and twist the wire tight. Continue until you have it all filled in. I then use my glue gun and lift and glue where needed.

It really is as easy as it sounds. Just be sure to use an old blanket or something under your work space because they are so messy!!

Now just hot glue or use your floral wire and apply the bow.

This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 102630)
Here’s a short video of the process.

Be sure to give me a follow here, on IG (link is on my home talk page), and on Tik Tok ! 😘😘

Also, to shop my home click here.

16 Floating Shelves That Will Stun Guests
14 DIY Must-Haves For All Camping Trips
31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
3 Absolutely Adorable Ways To Display Your Plants
These Clever Ideas Will Help You With Spring Cleaning
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
3 Great Ideas To Easily Upgrade Your Window

1 comment
  • Nancy
    Nancy

The front of your house is striking with the different textures and colors!