Blended Secretary Desk Makeover

$50

You need to see this blended secretary desk makeover! So you want to learn how to blend paint? Do you want to layer transfers? You need to see this transformation!

Before the Makeover

I found the secretary desk in Luxembourg at a second hand store. I knew she could be so much more!

Prepping Your Wooden Furniture

For this secretary desk I removed all of the hardware. I removed the front desk panel door also. There was a leather material on the inside that was not in great shape. I decided that it needed to go.

Blending Chalk Paint on the Secretary Desk

Okay so I know I have told you a million times in my blog posts that it is hard for me to explain the actual process of blending. For this kind of blending it is more simple and I will do my best to explain.

First step is to start with two coats of paint, I chose Haint Blue. Once that is dry, I used the In the Navy to outline all the areas I wanted a shading effect on. I then butted the Bunker Hill Blue (BHB) up against that and filled the rest of the area with BHB. I made sure those colors all had two coats. For the lighter areas I painted a small layer of Haint Blue on top of the other two colors in the center.

Next is the actual blending, you want to overlap colors using different motions like circles, sideways, up and down and diagonal while using a light spritz of water.

Don't worry I also have a video for you :)

YouTube Video
Layering Decor Transfers

I always wait 24 hours to apply decor transfers to my furniture. I used masking tape to "dry fit" the transfers while they were still attached to their protective backing paper. Once I was happy with the placement I applied the  Ruby Rose  transfer first. Afterwards, I applied the  Flower Collector  transfer. Then I sealed with Dixie Belle's satin clear coat.

Final Product

You have to check out the final product !! Let me know what you think in the comments :) 

Thanks for hanging out with me ❤️❤️❤️

These 21 Bloggers Came Up With The Most Amazing Organization Ideas
31 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized
Cuddling Up At Home With A Bottle Of Wine? Then Try These Projects!
3 Wonderful Ways You Can Upcycle Old Windows
15 Genius Hacks to Keep Pests Away
23 Valentine's Day DIY Ideas That You Don't Want To Miss
Bella Renovare by Crys'Dawna

• Fatina
    Fatina

What glue did you use for decoupage? I tried mod podge on a black coffee table and glue brush streaks showed which I couldn’t cover. Thank you

• Fatina
      Fatina

Hi Bella. I watched some of your videos. They’re great and your page is amazing. Love your work. I’ll do what you suggested. Crossing finger.

thank you dear

• Candice Gollam
    Candice Gollam

Do you think for a practice that I could do this similarly on a flat piece of wood before doing it on a nice piece of furniture? Will it have the same affect I guess is what I am unsure of. I have only seen this here on this piece of furniture. Do you have more videos on a blog or YouTube?

• Joanne Bilodeau
    Joanne Bilodeau

Two sets of pictures are showing the piece in two totally different hues. On tje one set of pictures, the piece is navy blue but on the other set of pictures and in the video, the piece looks more like like a Cobalt blue. Which "look" is actually the one achieved with those paints ?? Navy or Cobalt ?