You Need To Learn How To Create Unique Coral Painted Furniture

$40

I love all things bright and I don't think it is really a secret. What I really wanted to do was make this little secretary desk a statement piece. I have been itching to paint either a bright pink or coral piece. This girl needed help! Let me show you how to create amazing coral painted furniture

Before

Nothing Special.

Preparing Your Furniture for Mineral Chalk Paint

This piece was pretty shiny and dirty! I cleaned it really well with my Dixie Belle White Lightning then rinsed it with clean water. Once the secretary desk was dry, I scuff sanded it. As a result my furniture has a great surface to start with. Remember your final result is only as good as your prep.

Mixing Coral Painted Furniture

For this special coral color, I mixed 2 parts of Cotton (bright white), 1 part of Daisy (lemon yellow), 1 part of Peony (bright magenta) and 1/2 part of Florida Orange (bright orange). (In case you use a different paint brand, these are the shades you need).

Afterwards, I painted the entire piece in two coats of this custom coral color. Later on I added a little more Peony to create more of a salmon color. I also add some of the peony at the bottom and blended the entire piece.

I have a video for you :)

YouTube Video
Adding Stencils To Painted Furniture

After I blended and painted this secretary desk, I added a stencil. I used a stencil that looks like lace! Using Redesign With Prima's Chalk Paste in Hubbard Squash I spread it across the stencil with a plastic spatula.

Final Product

I would love to hear what you think about the final product! Also don't forget to subscribe to my YouTube channel as well :) Also you can click the links above to purchase your supplies ❤️

Check Out These Wonderful Gift Ideas You Can Do All By Yourself
31 Tricks To Help You Fix The Wood In Your Home:
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
Easy DIY Ideas To Add Some FUN To Your Office Space
Here's How You Can DIY The Hottest Home Decor Trends of 2018
Bella Renovare by Crys'Dawna