What color could I paint a old brown microwave cart??

JDAdrienne Carrie Hubbard | Crafty Little GnomeMogie
+15

• Kathy Gunter Law
    Kathy Gunter Law

rustoleum has a line of hammered paints, spray, that are great to give a cart a metal finish look.

• K. Rupp
    K. Rupp

Rustoleum is my favorite spray paint. Have you seen the new black stainless steel? It's beautiful...I just painted a metal chair with it that I don't have on my blog yet. It's hard to find but it's worth it. It's dark but has highlights of silver that highlights the raised areas. Almost looks like a very dark pewter.

• Redcatcec
    Redcatcec

Rustoleum or Krylon are 2 good brands of spray paint to use on your cart, 2 light coatings will work best. Your color choice is up to you and where the microwave cart will be used. Personally I like the hammered black and have used that on car parts of our old car (windshield wiper arms and rusty strips between the back windows) and it has held up well.

• Miranda McVicker
    Miranda McVicker

I just painted a microwave cart and I used Dixie Belle chalk paint in coffee,chocolate, and then used duck egg blue mixed with Dixie bell blue as a wash over it. I finished it of by rubbing rub'n buff gold leaf in the crevices and sealing my masterpiece off with Dixie wax. I must say it turned out amazing! I cant draw stick people without drawing on "extra down there parts" or barely scratch my own name without it looking like a 5 yr older had done it. Chalk paint has become my best friend.

Good luck! Play around with different colors and most importantly...have fun.

• JD
      JD

Wow. That is alot of work. My kitchen is lite green. Ivory. Some dark green things too.thank u for the ideas..

• Chloe Crabtree
    Chloe Crabtree

Where are using it? There is a theory that every room should have one black item. How about black or white?

• Johnavallance82
    Johnavallance82

Are the Microwave works removed now and we are talking about just the cabinet?

• Vimarhonor
    Vimarhonor

Hello. That might be a personal decision to suit your decor and design aesthetic. Perhaos posting a picture of the room it’s in— might offer more information to be able to offer some ideas/specific suggestions.

• Janice
    Janice

If you're going to use it in the kitchen, why not paint in the color of your accessories? There's a wide variety of spray paints, even metallics, that would really add some pizazz! Have fun with it!

• Chas' Crazy Creations
    Chas' Crazy Creations

Depends on where you're going to put it. What are the colors in that room, you can tie it in that way.

• Deb K
    Deb K

Hi JD, I would try a bold color like slate blue , use chalk paint!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4Ewe4uMsOE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOdULB4YU4c

• Carrie @ Curly Crafty Mom
    Carrie @ Curly Crafty Mom

I would go with white! Nice and clean!

• Mogie
    Mogie

Go to a big box store and get a LARGE number of paint colors. Take them home and tape them onto the cart and see what works best in your room and with your other colors.

• black will go with anything but why not match it to your walls or do a fun contrasting color that will stand out

• JD
    JD

My kitchen is cream. Green. Cranberry. I have a big cabinet that is green and cream colored I thought about painting the cart either cream or green I don't know what yet