DIY Denim Pumpkins

$3

Do you have any old jeans in a pile somewhere in your home waiting to be donated? Consider using some of them to make these cute Fall Pumpkins. I used Styrofoam pumpkins from Dollar Tree as the base. Easy and cheap. Here is how I did it.

Step 1 - Cut the denim into strips...

This is such an easy project. It takes a little time, but really not to much. Anyway, first you need to cut up your old jeans into strips.

Take out the green stem from the Dollar Tree pumpkin. They just pull right out. Second, using the glue gun, I put a bunch of glue on the top of the pumpkin, placed a strip of material on the glue and pressed hard to make sure it stuck. Then, I applied more glue to the bottom of the pumpkin making sure to press down the material as best I could. Make sure you to hold the pieces in place for a few seconds each time making sure they stick.

For the white pumpkin, I used an old pair of shorts that were frayed at the hem. I ended up gluing the frayed part to where the stem would go for a unique touch.

Step 3 - Add a stem

For the stem, I used pieces of driftwood I had left over from this wreath project, but you could find a stick in your yard, or use a wine cork, or whatever you’d like for your stem. You could also add some leaves or yarn or raffia to dress them up.

And that is it. Pretty easy and they look really cute.

30 Amazing Ways To Organize Your Shoes
15 Amazing Craft Projects That You Can Do Under 15 Minutes
31 Tricks To Help You Fix The Wood In Your Home:
31 Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
20 Easy Projects To Help You Get Ready For Easter
24 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
The House house