Easy 1 Hour Modern Lamp Makeover

$30

I had these two glass lamps which, with a little modern lamp makeover, were completely transformed and add just the right touch to my basement! And it was SO easy. I love being able to save money and reuse items. This is the simplest little revamp and you can do it to any old piece of decor!

Here’s the lamp when I started:

It’s a basic glass lamp, nothing special.

Tape bags over the tops

I cleaned them off and then used a long piece of Frog Tape to wrap around the center of the base. It’s not straight, which was the point and definitely made it easier.

After the initial tape was on, I wrapped a grocery bag around the top of the lamp base (I removed the shade and bulb of course) and then taped it on.

Spray paint

I used  this spray paint and sprayed the bottom of each lamp. Make sure to use even strokes in lighter coats to help prevent drips.

Re-assmeble

Once it was dry, I removed the tape and grocery bag and it was done! Simplest modern lamp makeover ever! I absolutely love how they look in this space.

3 Fantastic Step-By-Step Ideas What To Do With Pallets!
15 Kitchen DIY Ideas That Will Come In Handy
3 Cute Step-by-Step Ideas For Unique Planters
Check Out These 30 Incredible Floor Transformations Ideas
3 Brilliant Ideas How to Use Photo Frames
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
Honeybear Lane

• Karen
    Karen

Do you have to do anything to the glass (cleaning) before you spray it?