DIY Pumpkin Wreath With Bittersweet

$30

A DIY Pumpkin Wreath with Bittersweet is an easy to make wreath that looks great hanging on a door, wall, or over a fireplace.

Visit my blog for more DIY, home decor, and crafts ideas!

Welcome Guest to Your Home with a Seasonal Wreath

I made my first version of this wreath in the late 90s after seeing a similar one hanging over an outdoor fireplace in Southern Living.

After many fall seasons of enjoyment, that wreath’s pumpkins and bittersweet faded, and it was taken apart to reuse the grapevine wreath form.

I never forgot that beautiful wreath and this fall I made a similar one that is now on my front door.

Materials Needed to Make the Wreath
  • Grapevine Wreath Form
  • Bittersweet
  • Pumpkin Stems
  • Glue Gun
  • Dixie Belle Voodoo Gel Stain
Add Pumpkins to the Wreath

Plan out the spacing of the pumpkin stems and add to the wreath. Twist the end of each pumpkin stem around a grapevine wreath piece to hold the pumpkin in place.

Add Bittersweet to the Wreath

Use a hot glue gun to add pieces of Bittersweet to the wreath. I evenly spaced pieces of Bittersweet as shown here and then filled in the blank spaces with more Bittersweet. (Not shown in this picture.)

Stain the Pumpkins

To give the pumpkins an aged appearance, I used a rag to add a coat of Dixie Belle VooDoo gel stain in Tobacco Road.

Hang and Enjoy

I love how this easy to make wreath looks on my front door for fall.

I would love for you to  stop by my blog for the full tutorial and to see more DIY, craft, and home decor ideas. Be sure to sign up for access to my free printable library!

Get The Party Started With These Perfect DIY Decor Ideas
30 Unbelievable Backyard Update Ideas
Hometalk's Top 20 DIY Crafts For Kids
These West Elm Knockoffs Are Pretty Unbelievable
30 Stylish Update Ideas You'll Want To Use For Your Bedroom
Cuddling Up At Home With A Bottle Of Wine? Then Try These Projects!
Paula Skulina

• Liz
    Liz

This is so natural and pretty! I make lots of grape vine wreaths and after one is made and decorated, I give the back side several coats of clear coat exterior spray. Then, I turn it over and give the front and sides several coats of clear spray. It really protects my wreaths, and keeps the colors bright. I do this on bought wreaths for both inside and outside use, too. I use a feather duster to remove dust and spiders before storing in black plastic bags until the next season.

• Sandra Allen
    Sandra Allen

While I love all wreaths, some are just a bit too much. This is simple and elegant.