Easy $4 Pottery Barn Lamp Dupe

$4

I fell in love with antique look of the Pottery Barn Faris Lamp, but my wallet? Not so much. Find out how I created this look with just a few materials and about an hour of my time!

Protect all of the electrical components

Make sure to cover any exposed wires or plugs as you'll be painting the entire surface of the lamp.

Prime your lamp

Always use a spray primer when covering a glass surface. Since I didn't have any on hand, I used a spare white spray paint and primer included in a flat matte finish.

Gather materials for your antique finish

I used 3 different acrylic paint colors to achieve the perfect antique look for this lamp project.

Add your base coat
  • Mix in several tablespoons of flour to each paint color to achieve a rustic textured effect.
  • Add your base paint color by painting the entire surface
Layer it on

Next add each additional paint color by dry brushing the paint on the surface in a vertical direction. Dry brushing is an easy paint technique that involves removing most of the paint from your brush by wiping it on a paper towel or other surface. Once the brush is nearly dry you can start brushing it on your lamp to leave very faint brush strokes and a rustic type finish.

Let it dry

The beauty of acrylic paint is that it dries fairly quickly so you can enjoy your painted lamp almost as soon as you finish it.

13 DIY Projects That Scream Canada
Hometalk's Top 10 Spookiest Halloween Picks Of 2017
Check Out These 30 Incredible Sharpie Makeovers
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
16 Fun Ways You Can Use Food To Decorate Your Home
3 Absolutely Adorable Ways To Display Your Plants
Martina at The Lived-in Look