Simple Dried Pampas Grass Wreath

$10

Add this cute, simple wreath to any door to add a cozy, fall feel to your house.

Materials Needed - Minus the hot glue gun, I used zip ties instead.

Links for dried grass -

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B088FDQ2G2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0827J77KV/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The steel ring is from Hobby Lobby. They have a variety of different sizes.

Step One - Spray Paint Ring

This step is optional. I wanted a gold ring instead of silver so I painted it with spray paint I had on hand. If you want it silver skip this step or paint it whatever color you'd like.

Step Two - Lay Out Grass

Before starting I laid out the pieces I was going to use. In total I used four of each stem of dried grass so 8 total stems.

Note - This is why this project is priced at a low total cost because I only accounted for the pieces I actually used not what the total cost to purchase the full 20 or 50 pieces of dried grass.

Step Three - Zip Tie Grass To Ring

I cut down the stems and started to zip tie the stems onto the ring. I was originally going to use hot glue gun but opted to use zip ties instead. By doing this I'm making the wreath less permanent so if I want to change things up in the future I can do that and use pieces elsewhere.

Add the other two stems of the white grass. I zip tied these in the middle.

Step Four - Tie Grass Further Up

I took some yarn in the same color as the grass and tied it to the ring further up so it would round up with the ring. I pulled the grass down a bit and then tied the yarn so you wouldn't be able to see the yarn.

You can't even see where I used the yarn to tie it!

Step Five - Add Other Grass

I used yarn to tie this kind of grass on. I used the same color yarn for this as well so it was less noticeable.

Step Six - Add Yarn To Middle + Hang + Enjoy!

I strung a long piece of yarn around the middle to cover the zip ties and tied it. I love how simple this is!

30 Creative Painting Techniques & Ideas You MUST See
15 Easy & Colorful DIY Projects For Your Home
15 Bathroom Upgrades That You Can Totally DIY
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
16 Floating Shelves That Will Stun Guests

1 comment