Hobby Lobby Inspired $5 Pumpkin

$5

I love shopping at Hobby Lobby, but I also love the fun of crafting! I found these wood blocks at Dollar Tree and knew I could put together an easy DIY for next to nothing and that would look just as great as something store bought! Plus, there’s no such thing as too many pumpkins right?!?

Gather Pumpkin Blocks

You will need 4 of these pumpkin shaped wooden blocks from the Dollar Tree. Color doesn’t matter, we will be painting over these!

Remove Stems and Bows

Take off the taffeta ribbon and remove the stems. I used a small hand saw and sawed it right off.

Lightly Sand

Use a sanding block to smooth over the area where you removed the stem. You will also want to lightly sand over the glitter to remove the texture of it.

Paint Blocks

Paint all 4 blocks, front and back in a solid dark color. I used 2 coats to cover completely.

Add Chalk Paint

Apply some chalk paint and streak it on and rub in to give your blocks a rustic look.

Assemble and Glue

Hot glue 2 of your blocks next to one another. You will then glue one on the center back and the last one center middle to create a dimensional, larger pumpkin.

Add a Stem

I purchased a pack of real wood stems also from the Dollar Tree. You can also grab a thick twig from your yard!

Accessorize to Finish

Use some ribbon, floral stems, etc to finish off your pumpkin and hot glue them on. I chose some burlap and buffalo check ribbon with a leaf that I already had in my craft bin. Simple can be beautiful!

15 Clever Ways To Repurpose Old Light Bulbs
24 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
15 Easy & Colorful DIY Projects For Your Home
25 Decor Ideas That Will Add Some Spring to Your Home
31 Ways For You To Style Your Garden