DIY Halloween Bat Wreath

$5

I’m really loving my new DIY Halloween Cotton Wreath and can’t wait for you to see how simple it is. I’ve had these cotton stems for a long time and have used them here and there in flower arrangements. My kitchen was needing a new wreath and these cotton stems were perfect for project. I love how this wreath is both simple and sophisticated.

I made my bats by cutting out bat shapes, pinching the center and stitching in place. This gives the bat a more realistic look and is perfect for this wreath. I left enough embroidery floss in length to tie to the wreath later.

These cotton stems come in several different colors. I had pink stems, but think this wreath would look amazing with the white cotton also.

Start bending the stems into the shape of your wreath. I intertwined the stems together so the wreath was nice and sturdy.

Tie the bats to the wreath with the embroidery floss and use a double knot to secure.

Do you guys love this DIY Halloween Cotton Wreath as much as I do? It’s adorable and I’m so happy I put this together - it's perfect in my kitchen!

Check Out These 30 Incredible Sharpie Makeovers
Do Your Kitchen Cabinets Need an Update?
3 Simple Green Ways To Clean In Your Home
Make Your Kitchen Beautiful With These 15 Inexpensive Ideas
25 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You SUPER Excited for Christmas
Get The Party Started With These Perfect DIY Decor Ideas
These Clever Ideas Will Help You With Spring Cleaning
Holly Lengner - Lost Mom

• Celeste Jorgensen
    Celeste Jorgensen

That is beautiful. I am wondering how to dust it.

• Holly Lengner - Lost Mom
      Holly Lengner - Lost Mom

Lol, I must be a bad housekeeper. I never even thought about dusting it, lol. Just use a duster and gently dust or use a blow dryer on low.

• Joan
    Joan

You did not mention what the bats are made of so I assume since felt was on the list of materials that was what you used? In addition, I don't believe a lot of us can just cut out a bat shape, so did you have a stencil?

• Joan
    Joan

Em: I did look online for free stencils but found none that looked like this one, which is the shape I like the most.

• Joanie
    Joanie

They look like REAL cotton hulls. I have seen and picked cotton in Mississippi in the Delta. This is so cool!!

• Barb C
    Barb C

At $12.99 and up, I'm wondering how many packs of the cotton stems you needed.