How to fix corners on window film which is lifting away at corners?

Deb KMogieCindy
+9

Ideas how to fix the corners of window film , with condensation, etc did lift away at corners. Just put film up last fall , hoping not to do again for awhile

• Maura White
    Maura White

Could you use packing tape on those corners?

• Vimarhonor
    Vimarhonor

Hello that’s a great question. Do you want to keep your film at the same exact same look and transparency.

If it were my window I would consider using a very small amout clear caulk to seal it in place. Its clear flexible and removable- if needed

• Johnavallance82
    Johnavallance82

Hello,

You could use Mod Podge Maybe!

• I've read that a little water and a squeegee can put it back in place. It's worth a try.

• Janice
    Janice

Yes, Ann is correct about the water (small amount) and a squeege to push the film back in place. If that doesn't hold well, then you can use Elmer's Glue which dies clear instead of water and press well onto the glass and remove the excess glue with a damp cloth.

• Simple Nature Decor
    Simple Nature Decor

Baking soda and toothpaste works for me

• Cindy
    Cindy

Hi Blanche. You could glue the film down with E6000. Or you could even use thumb tacks if the frame is wooden. Good luck Blanche. I hope you are well.

• Mogie
    Mogie

Make sure that the corners were dried (excess water removed) with a squeegee. The window film has to have as much excess water removed as possible. You are encouraged to use a baby shampoo water mix when applying the film to the window.

The windows need to be perfectly clean before applying. I found this out the hard way. Even a tiny bit of sand can ruin a perfect and seamless application.

• Deb K
    Deb K

Hello Blanche, I used ti use this film too, go to the store and buy clear two sided tape a slpi into the spots where it is lifting. If you are worried about removal when the time come, just use your blow dryer to soften it for removing.