Hand Stamped Book Bundle for Fall

$5

Why are stamped books a hot new decor trend? Because it literally is one of the easiest DIY projects you can make for your home! They are also very inexpensive to make, can be personalized in many ways, and make great gifts!

Most of the items I used for this Happy Fall Y'all book bundle are from the dollar store. However, if you have old books at home, you can do this project for less!

Supplies
  • 3 Hardcover books
  • Silk flowers and leaves
  • Ribbon
  • Craft Paint – White, Ivory, Light Grey
  • Alphabet Stamps – Upper and Lower Case
  • Ink Pad
  • Permanent Marker, Black
  • Paintbrush
  • Scissors
  • Wire Cutters
Paint the Books

Remove the outer paper dust covers. Paint the canvas hardcover book cover underneath. It doesn't have to be a perfect coverage. You'll want some of the dark base to show through the paint. Allow to dry.

*Tip: I used a mixture of white and ivory craft paint to achieve this look. Don't mix the colors too much together, though. You'll want the color variations. However, you can always just paint one solid color, too.

Distress the Book Spine

Lightly dry brush the light grey paint around the sides and edges of the books in places that would get worn down naturally. Allow to dry.

Start Stamping

Select both upper and lower case stamps to create your message. Place the book on a table, with the spine up, for support. Press a stamp into the stamp pad, and then apply to the book spine.

Add Punctuation

For my Happy Fall Y'all message, I left space between the Y and A in Y’all to add an apostrophe using a black marker. If you have a stamp with the punctuation, feel free to use that.

Tie with Ribbon

Stack the books together and wrap with ribbon. Tie a knot at the top and leave the tails of the ribbon as long as you would like. Cut out a notch in the ribbon ends with scissors.

Add Decorations

Select a few sections of silk flowers and leaves. (I cut a few off of a fall branch stem from the dollar store with wire cutters.) Slip the stems into or under the knot. You can glue down if you will keep this book bundle for decoration every year.

For more helpful hints on how to hand stamp book bundles, check out my blog post (link under materials list below).

You'll also want to see how I turned tin cans into Halloween lanterns.

And here's how to make the cutest pumpkins out of tin cans.

Do You Want to Update Your Antique Furniture?
Hometalk's Top 10 Spookiest Halloween Picks Of 2017
The Top 9 Kitchen Countertop Makeovers People Are Doing Now
How A Little Bit Of Glitter Can Go A Long Way!
Everything Red For Canada Day
30 Great Ideas For Every Pet Owner!
Turn Dollar Store Laundry Basket Into Wreath Form In 8 Easy Steps
Single Girl's DIY