How to Make a Farmhouse Cloche

$7

I love cloches and it is even better when I can find a great piece to use as a base at my local thrift shop. I found this piece and knew I could transform it into something cute. I decided to paint it and it and add the glass cloche top. I am going to show you how I did it.

Step One Prep the Piece

I cleaned the piece off really good before getting ready to paint it. I gathered my supplies and got started painting it. I had white chalk paint and a paint brush on hand already so it was easy to begin.

Step Two Paint the Piece

I painted both sides of the piece. I recommend waiting for each coat to dry before doing the next one. You can also sand down any drip marks in between coats as well.

Step Three The Finished Product

I let the base dry and then added a gourd for Fall and the glass cloche top which I already had from another cloche. It turned out so cute. You could also sand it to distress certain areas if you like that look. I chose not to with this particular project. If you wanted to find a glass cloche top look at your local home and craft shops or order online through Etsy.

Step 4 Another Way to Use the Base

You can also use the base as a cute display for a plant or candle without the cloche top. This would look great as part of a table centerpiece or on top of a shelf or cabinet.

Check Out These Wonderful Ways To Decorate Your Plain Mugs
23 Valentine's Day DIY Ideas That You Don't Want To Miss
Grab Some Pool Noodles And Copy These 3 Ideas
Here's How You Can DIY The Hottest Home Decor Trends of 2018
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
3 Wonderful Ways You Can Upcycle Old Windows
3 Gorgeous And Unique Ideas To Display Your Plants
Check Out These 30 Incredible Sharpie Makeovers
15 Clever Repurposing Ideas That Will Add Some Creativity to Your Home
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
Amy Grassinger

• Gloria

I also look at thrift stores for glass vases, candle holders, & wire baskets to use for the cloche.