How to Make a Coffee Table Centerpiece

$8

I found this plain drawer at my local Goodwill and decided it would make a great centerpiece for a coffee table. I decided to paint it white and distress it to give it a farmhouse vintage feel. I love how it turned out.

Step One Clean and Prep the Drawer

I cleaned the drawer because it had been in the Goodwill bins. The knob didn't come off but if I had one that did I would unscrew it to make it easier to paint.

Step Two Start Painting

I grabbed my white chalk paint that I already had and a paint brush and started painting.

Step Three Paint Another Coat

Sand down any drips or nicks from the first coat and then paint a second coat.

Step Four Distress the Piece

Finally using 220 grit sandpaper sand the areas where you would naturally see the wear normally. The edges and some areas on the sides and front.

Step Five Display it With Cute Items on Your Coffee Table

I added a few cute accessories to make it a cute finished coffee table centerpiece.

17 Benches You Can Build This Summer
These Clever Ideas Will Help You With Spring Cleaning
18 Wintery Wreath Ideas That You'll Want To Make For Your Home
15 Decor Projects That Will Make Your Home Beautiful
Turn A Cake Pan Into A Shelf + More Clever Repurposing Ideas!
18 String Art Ideas That You'll Want To Hang In Your Home
Amy Grassinger

• Val
    Val

great idea!

• Kyralee
    Kyralee

Love it! Great way to use an old drawer and I have several that I have been hoarding for a while now. Thanks for the idea!