Kitchen pain colour?

Lindsay AratariLauren of Mom Home GuideMorgan McBride
+17

What colour paint is best for kitchen white, green or any other

• Unique Creations By Anita

I always go for white because I have to wash it more often and white is easier to touch up. But it is all about personal choice.

• It's a personal preference, but be sure to use a sheen that you can wash.

• Redcatcec

For a kitchen white is a good choice, also a light gray. It would be what wold go best with your cabinets and counter tops. A gloss paint is the most washable and durable.

• K. Rupp

Yes use a kitchen paint mixed with your color. The kitchen paint will be much easier to wash. I love muted greens. Paris Rain by Sherwin Williams is a nice color.

• Vimarhonor

Hello. Your paint color may be determined by your light exposure your cabinetry and your countertop. Coordination with those existing factors might help develop a pallette choose from.

• Johnavallance82

Hello John,

Choose a colour that makes you happy and you can live with. That's all there is to choosing! Enjoy the process.

• Dee

I always use white semi-gloss. It is easy to clean, and I use gloss on the trim. Since the kitchen can get greasy, this sheen makes it very easy to keep clean.

• I say you go with what makes you smile. I have a huge red wall in my kitchen. It may overwhelm others but it makes me very happy. I'd go with your gut. That said, a warm white leave you open to be able to accessorize with any color and change it up often.

• Janice

Hi John, the paint color really depends on what YOU like and the feel you want in your kitchen. White is usually a good choice. If you have dark cabinetry you might want to go light for contrast. You might also consider the colors you already have in your home.

This may help you decide.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NppavupjP7o

• Em

No one knows what you like. Today ANY color you can dream up in your head can be accentuated by colored appliances, curtains, towels and utensils. The only color I personally don't like in a kitchen is blue. There is no real BLUE food. And NO blueberries are not really blue, so people don't start telling me that. Green is a neutral that goes with anything. Sunny yellow is a warm color additive and many people like red pops of color in a white kitchen.

• Benjamin Moore Owl Grey

• Carrie @ Curly Crafty Mom

I prefer white, because it brightens up a room. But, it really depends on the color of your cabinets, appliances, etc.

• Mogie

Depends on what colors you like of dislike as well as what other colors are in your room. But white is a good color because anything goes with that.

Hi John: Depends on what you like :) Personally, I like yellow, but my kitchen is cream. Yellow just wouldn't work in my kitchen :( A light mint green is always nice, with an ivy border (that's what mom had when I was growing up), and I loved it. White is o.k., but a bit on the commercial looking side. I like light colours in the kitchen with curtains, towels, knobs, pot holders, etc., to highlight the wall colour. Good luck

• Kathy Gunter Law

I had white in my kitchen several years ago and absolutely hated it. It showed every time you touched them with anything on your hands, plus hand oils built up so quickly.

I like the green ones I have seen but you are going to have to really love the color.

Grey is another option. I've seen some really pretty ones that are darker shades on the bottom with lighter ones on top. About three shades different I would say. They were my favorite.

• Flipturn

Keep in mind that the type of lighting you have in your kitchen can affect what color the paint on your walls appears to be. Incandescent light casts a yellow tone, florescent a greenish hue, and LED light can also vary according to cool (more blue) to warm (more yellow).

I would suggest that if you are thinking about painting your kitchen, change the lighting first before you paint. Then try out different paint chip swatches in the kitchen during different times of the day, to decide which color you like best for your walls.

• Morgan McBride

Whatever makes you happy!

• Lauren of Mom Home Guide

I have Sherwin Williams Navajo White in my kitchen it looks nice. It's nice to have a little color in the kitchen when you have white cabinets. You can check out this link about warm white paint colors: https://carolineondesign.com/10-white-paint-colors-that-designers-love/

• Lindsay Aratari

I like white in a kitchen