Making Outdoor Fall Cushions From Dollar Store Tote Bags

$6

I love having outdoor cushions for every season, but they can get very expensive. I found some great tote bags at the Dollar store that I could use to add to my ever growing fall Decor. These are super easy to make.

Getting Started....

Here are my totes I purchased from my local Dollar store. I love the owls! To stuff the cushions I am using packing peanuts.

Step One. . Remove Straps

With a pair of scissors I cut the straps off of my totes. I love these totes as they are canvas with a plastic like lining on the inside. So they will dry great in wet weather. Which by the way we have had a lot of!!

Step Two.. Adding the stuffing

I know the packing peanuts may be an unusual choice but I wanted something that would stand up to the crazy fall weather. Unzip your tote and start adding your peanuts. Press down into the corners to allow to fill. Add peanuts to the top then zip tote when you are satisfied with the look. I had the peanuts from packages I received and saved them. You can use foam etc. If you do choose to use peanuts check out pharmacies and businesses that receive parcels. They will be more than happy to get rid of them!

Step Three.. Place in chair!!

So here is my cushions complete. I must say I love how they turned out.

These were super quick and easy to make, and tie in perfect with my fall Decor.

30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
Try These Gorgeous Ideas And The Mailman Will Never Miss Your Mailbox!
Everything Red For Canada Day
15 Fun Things You Can Make Using Your Cricut
3 Gorgeous & Easy Projects to Help You Decorate for Fall

• Melanie Stack
    Melanie Stack

Love me some owls!🦉 Too cute!😍Absolutely love this great idea of yours! Can't wait to make me some! If you don't mind me asking, what dollar store did you get those owl tote bags from? Thank you so much for sharing!😊

• Melanie
      Melanie

Hi Melanie, I purchased them at Dollarama. They have 3 different styles with owls on them.

• Lucy Marie Bernier
    Lucy Marie Bernier

Quick , easy and just too cute...👍👍👍👍

Those totes had zippers in them ? I gotta go and get some !

Nice work.