Wrinkle on esthane, viscose, and cotton fabric.

FlipturnHolly Lengner - Lost MomBetsy
+12

hi, how do you get rid the wrinkles out of your elasthane, viscose, and cotton garments? huhuh I accidentally wet the garments and got the wrinkle. Thank you so much!

• Simple Nature Decor

If you cant iron it use a hand steamer.

• Redcatcec

Use a hand steamer, maybe tumble in the dryer with a damp wash cloth, on low heat, or hang the garments outside when the humidity is up. Sometimes putting them in the bathroom after a steamy shower will relax the fabric.

• Johnavallance82

Hello Ana,

I would suggest you wash the entire item as manufactures advice!

• Chloe Crabtree

Use a steamer to remove the wrinkles.

• I would use an iron with steam and on the delicate fabrics I would place a cotton fabric over them so they don't get too hot or damaged.

• For cotton, use an iron. Or a steamer. The synthetics respond well to heat and humidity. Old fashioned girl here, I iron my clothes every morning. Don't overcrowd the washer which helps create wrinkles. Was in as cool water as possible. Remove from washer promptly and hang dry or lay flat to air dry making sure to block properly. Few to no wrinkles and little to no ironing. And your garments will last longer as well.

• Carrie @ Curly Crafty Mom

I would use a hand held steamer, I feel these do better for toucher wrinkles than a regular iron

• Mogie

I use a spray bottle filled with warm water and fabric softener. I spray the garment then smooth it out and let it dry.

• Morgan McBride

I use a steamer

• Vimarhonor

Hello. Using a steamer might help or lightly spraying your item and putting it back in the dryer might help. Hang to fully dry, do not leave in the dryer.

• Kathy Gunter Law

Mix a cup of fabric softener in a spray bottle of warm water and shake thoroughly. Spray and "pull" the wrinkles. When it dries, wrinkles fall out.

Hi Ana: For the Viscose

watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIwTydKpIe4

For the Elasthane (If it's the same as polyester)

When ironing polyester, make sure the fabric is slightly damp, or pre-moisten it with a spray bottle. Set the temperature to low or medium heat. Start ironing at the top and work your way down the garment, pressing firmly on the creases and re-wetting them if necessary.

Good luck

• Flipturn

To help prevent wrinkles in all garments, do not let them sit in the washer before putting in the dryer, and do not let them sit in the dryer half dried, or after the cycle has ended. As Naomie has said, take out when almost dry, hang up, and block by hand, and let it finish drying by air only.

• I bought a wrinkle release spray at the store and it works great for getting out wrinkles. Spray on fabric, lightly pull and the wrinkles disappear. More ideas here:

https://www.hometalk.com/search/posts?filter=wrinkle%20spray

• Flipturn

Elasthane is a synthetic fibre also commonly referred to as spandex, or lycra.

If the garment is made entirely of elasthane, it cannot be ironed due to the low heat that the threads will melt.

If elasthane is only a small portion of the fabric content, then the garment can be pressed with a silk heat setting. Use caution, and press (iron goes straight up and down) with steam. Do not iron (pushing the iron back and forth) as the motion may warp the stretch component in the garment.