How to get reid of mice?

Johnavallance82Kathy Gunter LawT.K.
+12

• If they are in your house, you need to find out where they're getting in and seal it up. After that, you can set traps and/or bait for them.

• Redcatcec

If you have an infestation as we did 2 years back, here is a video of how to catch them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SIlYiiCGLI

We had at least 5-7 in the house and they were all over everything. What we did was set the typical baited snap traps & they were ineffective, they would not eat the DCon, then the sticky cardboard traps from Walmart worked best. We peeled off the plastic covering and laid them flat put them along the outside walls of the rooms where they were running in the house, usually under some furniture line a footstool on legs, a plant stand...the mice fell for it, but we had to keep on moving them around as soon as they were caught. The mice learned quickly where to avoid.

You will need to go outside and look for cracks, holes, places where wires and pipes enter the house (even the foundation) and seal them up. Mice can fit through anything the size of a small marble & remember they are skilled at climbing. HD and Lowes has a canned filler which has particles in it which cut their face when they try to chew through it.

Best to you and hope you are soon without mice.

• JD

Wow... I'm going to try it.. thanks. I hate mice🤯🤯

• Chloe Crabtree

After inspecting for signs of mice activity, set mouse traps or place mouse bait in the detected areas. Mouse traps and mouse baits are the only two reliable methods to get rid of a mice infestation.

• Crystal Rogers

Concentrated peppermint spray on amazon works amazing.

• Mogie

Mix 1 part flour, granulated sugar and baking soda. Place in shallow dish where mice are most likely to find it. You can sprinkle a little cinnamon sugar, chocolate powder or finely chopped nuts to make it more enticing – just add a bit more baking soda to compensate. What happens is when this hits their stomachs the baking soda forms a gas which rupture their stomachs.

• Morgan McBride

Get a cat :)

• Peggy Burnette

Hi JD, sorry you are dealing with mice. Be sure to secure all your food at night either in metal containers, put bread in microwave etc. Hope this is helpful

Best Way to Get Rid of Mice - Good Housekeeping

www.goodhousekeeping.com › home › cleaning › how...

Jul 18, 2019 — Okay, so how do you get rid of mice? · 1. Find their entry point. · 2. Set store-bought traps. · 3. Use caulk and steel wool to seal up the house. · 4.

• T.K.

Get pure peppermint oil...Amazon has some vendors that are reasonable. DO NOT use the peppermint used for flavoring.- put some on cotton balls and place anywhere you see evidence and where you think they are coming in. As thr scent dries, replenish the balls. One year I had a really bad infestation as there was a number of buildings nearby that were torn down. I wiped down my counters with the oil before going to bed. I also added some of the oil to a spray bottle with warm water and sprayed the threshold of all outer doors. It took a while , but I finally got rid of them. Now every year when it gets cool weather I start spraying around the doors to keep them from even trying to get in. Our Neighborhood has older homes-mine will soon be 100 years old- so they are prime targets for mice. Plus nearly every yard has a garden so it attracts critters.

• Kathy Gunter Law

If you are looking for low key, soak cotton balls with cinnamon and peppermint oil to keep them at bay. You can also spray it around. If you have a serious issue, I would recommend "just one bite". You break the bars into small pieces and throw around to kill them.

• Johnavallance82

Hi JD,

Traps, Poison, Cat, or Local Authority could help you!