Denim Pom Pom Flowers

$1

I love to upcycle my old jeans, I use the bigger pieces for pillows and denim upholstery. But I also keep the left over denim scraps for other projects like my gorgeous and very popular denim feathers (see them here). This time I used these scraps to make some lovely pom pom flowers.

For this craft you will need long thin scraps of denim.

First cut the denim into strips about 8cm wide and 40cm long. I used a rotary cutter for this.

Next, fold the denim strips in half length ways and either glue or stitch the sides. Make sure the wrong sides of the denim are touching.

Then with a pair of scissors cut into the folded denim about 5mm apart. Leave a margin at the bottom of about 1cm.

Next, get a long piece of garden wire to use as stem and glue one end of the cut denim strip to the wire.

Wrap the denim strip around the wire and secure in place with glue.

Using the free template on my blog post at the end cut out and make some denim leaves.

Thread these leaves onto the wire stem until they reach the pom pom flower. Glue the leaf in place.

Wrap scrap denim around the rest of the bare wire stem and glue in place.

Cut more strips of denim in different colours to make more flowers in different shades of indigo.

Until you have enough flowers to make a whole bouquet. As well as these denim pom pom flowers I've also made denim roses (see here).

For more pictures and details visit the blog post at the end.

13 DIY Projects That Scream Canada
16 Stunning Sign Ideas You Can Make for Your Home
23 Surprising Uses for Curtain Rings
Check Out These 30 Incredible Floor Transformations Ideas
How A Little Bit Of Glitter Can Go A Long Way!
Claire at Pillarboxblue

• Erin
    Erin

You can find old denim jeans at thrift stores, if you don’t want to cut your old worn out jeans up. Or go crazy & make numerous flowers to share with friends. I could see a wreath made with these denim flowers & a gingham bow.

• Jamie Tyler Smith
    Jamie Tyler Smith

BEAUTIFUL! Thank you for sharing your gifts with we fellow crafters! A perfect accent for any room! LOVE IT!