You Need To See This Vintage Vanity Makeover

$50

Have you ever wanted to makeover a vintage vanity? You have to see this cheery and bright makeover! It is sure to make you smile.

Yellow furniture makes my heart so happy. I was given the opportunity to create a bright and cheery yellow vintage vanity for my best friends daughter.

The Before

I picked this vanity up from a thrift store. The back leg was broken that I had to fix. It also had a factory crackle finish on the entire piece.

Prepping The Vanity

This vanity had a factory crackle finish. I wanted to smooth it out so that I didn't have extreme crackle on the final finish. I used my Surf Prep Sander and sanded down the entire piece. Afterwards I cleaned it really well with Dixie Belle's White Lightning.

Adding Appliqué's Using Decor Moulds

I wanted to add more character on this vintage vanity by adding more appliqués. I used fast cast resin to make the appliqués.

Once the appliqués set, I glued and taped them to the vanity.

Adding A Base Coat Of Paint

The next step is to add your base coat. I place all of the colors I want on the vintage vanity so I can decide where I want my blended areas. For this I used Colonel Mustard, Daisy and Lemonade, all Dixie Belle colors.

Again I can't really explain the blending process so instead I am going to share my video with you. Before I do, I wanted to tell you that AFTER I blended I added a stencil to the vanity. I put them on in such a way that it looked sporadic and distressed.

Final Product!

Use Your Old Corks For These 25 Clever Ideas
These West Elm Knockoffs Are Pretty Unbelievable
30 Creative Painting Techniques & Ideas You MUST See
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
3 Brilliant Ideas How to Use Photo Frames
15 Memorial Day Crafts
30 Unbelievable Backyard Update Ideas
31 Gorgeous Homemade Candle Ideas You're Going to Want to Try
Check Out These 30 Incredible Sharpie Makeovers
29 Ways To Get A Splash Of Blue In Your House
14 DIY Must-Haves For All Camping Trips
Bella Renovare by Crys'Dawna

• Bek

Love this. I'm not a "yellow" person, but think how lovely in mid-to-pale blues against a midnight-blue wall! Yes, my bedroom is deep blue. Yes, it makes the room very dark...after all, I'm trying to sleep in there, and I'm a day sleeper! The darker, the better.

• Sue

I love yellow also. I would prefer it solid yellow though instead of the stencil work so that would be easier to do. I just redid my bedroom so I am all set there in pink, yellow and green. Thank you for showing us this beautiful makeover on the found vanity. I am so glad people don't throw old or broken furniture out.