Outdoor Candy Corn for the Holidays!

$1

Yesterday I had an ah ha moment when I was out driving and saw the safety cones that seem to be everywhere! They look like candy corn wannabes. Perfect for easy Halloween decorations! Not wanting to be arrested for stealing them from the road I checked out my local Dollar Tree and yep they have them in the toys section. They are 2/$1 so I grabbed enough to create 10 candy corns.

Prep Materials: Blow Dryer, Goo Gone, & Alcohol

They have stickers on them so grab your blow dryer and heat it enough to peel the sticker off. Then using Goo Gone get the sticker residue off. Finally give them a wipe with rubbing alcohol to be sure the paint sticks.

Make a paper cone:

Using a sheet of paper create a cone that will cover the center portion of the safety cone. This was the hardest part because it's curved at an angle. If you tape a sheet of paper around the cone and tape it you can mark it where you want to trim.

Slide your paper cone onto the safety cone

Your paper cone should fit well enough that there are no gaps when you spray paint. The portion it covers will remain orange.

Spray paint the top first

With the cone in place covering the center you can spray the top portion white. Some white will drift to the bottom but don't worry it will cover with the yellow you spray next.

Spray paint the bottom next

Next you'll spray the bottom portion of the safety cone yellow aiming downward so you don't mess up the white top you've already done.

Let paint dry then remove paper cone

After the paint is dry you can slide the paper cone up/off and move onto the next candy corn wannabe. You'll want the paper cone to dry before you use it again so no wet paint mars your candy corn. If by chance you need to touch up your lines just use a Qtip with paint thinner.

You can spray all of your candy corn with clear spray paint to further protect it if you want.

Some on my porch steps...

And some in my Fairy Forest!

This was such an easy project and all I had to buy was the safety cones since I had the spray paint, paper, and tape. Each pair of candy corns cost me $1 to make.

These Amazing Vase Ideas Will Blow Your Guests Away!
30 Different Ways to DIY an Adorable Snowman This Winter
3 Easy Ways To Upgrade Your Pillows To A High End Look
21 Stunning Wreaths for The 4th of July
27 Wonderful Ways You Can Use Scrapbooking Paper
14 DIY Must-Haves For All Camping Trips
3 Gorgeous And Unique Ideas To Display Your Plants

• Brenda Ogden Booth
    Brenda Ogden Booth

Where do you buy the cones?

• Diane
    Diane

The candy corn idea is s cute. I like the Fairy Forest. How did you make that if you don’t mind?

• Jennifer J H Roberts
    Jennifer J H Roberts

I love this idea!!! How about spray painting them with glow in the dark spray so they glow at night too? That’s a two for one in my book!