Asked 6 days ago

How to fold a bed pillow in half and a rug?

Cynthia HCindyCourtney |The Kitchen Garten
+12

• Recreated Designs

Hi Karen, are you looking for something specific to do once you fold them? Bed pillows can be tough to fold unless they are quite thin. (the same with rugs)

• Redcatcec

A feather bed pillow is fairly easy to fold in half, just spread the feathers apart with a finger pinch, and shake them toward the opposite ends of the pillow. The feathers will settle that way.

For fiberfill, you might have to open the pillow up and literally cut the fiberfill in half, fold and then resew.

To fold a rug in half, just fold it. Not sure what you have in mind for the rug.

• I would just physically fold them in half. The rug will stay on its own, but the pillow will need to be clipped or bagged to stay in half.

• Morgan McBride

Rugs I usually roll!

• GrandmasHouseDIY

I guess I wonder why they need to be folded maybe we could help better with our answers then. Those vacuum bags would be great for keeping any folds you make in place and eventually help them stay there permanently.

• Mogie

Are you trying to save space?

• Deb K

Hi Karen, hope this is what you are looking for,

https://www.u-createcrafts.com/craft-tip-king-sized-pillow-into-two/

• Simple Nature Decor

Are you talking about storage purposes

Hi Karen: If you can, mark the middle of the pillow, and as best as you can, push the filling to the sides leaving a ditch in the middle and then fold it very quickly as it will pop back on you. If you have large safety pins, you can pin it together and stuff it into another pillow case. I wouldn't fold a rug, that will leave creases. Instead, roll it up. Hope this helps.

• Vimarhonor

Hello. If you were looking for a compact storage system the space bags with a vacuum seal can completely compress pillows down to pancakes that might be helpful. Sometimes I use under bed storage in the situation.

• For what purpose do you want to do this,?

• Are you folding them for storage?

• Cindy

Hi Karen. Fold the bed pillow in half bringing all the corners together. If you are sewing the bed pillow together, just give a couple whip stitches on the corners. That should hold them in place. The rug is a little different. You can fold the rug by bringing the corners together. Karen, I would not recommend folding any rug. You can roll it up instead. If you want to secure the rolled rug, use rope, or duct tape around the roll. Good luck Karen. I hope you are well.

• Cynthia H
    An hour ago

Hi! When I store pillows I put them in a bag you suck the air out of. I always vacuum the rug first, and then roll it so the bottom is showing. Folding a rug for storage will leave you with creases. Good luck!