Diy Indian Corn Wreath

$2

I had tons of Indian corn in our garden this year. So I went in search of what I could do with it.

This is my version of an Indian corn wreath. I used what I had on hand but all things could be found at a dollar store or your craft store.

My finished wreath
My stash of mini corn
My wreath form
Hot gluing

I used a 12" wreath form I had on hand. I wrapped it in some muslin I had because I didn't want the green to show through between the ears

More gluing

I just started hot gluing the ears onto the wreath.

Halfway done

I literally just kept hot gluing the Indian corn on. In the one photo you can see I'm adding just a touch of the hot glue between the ears. I didn't do this to every ear just a few. It seemed to make them hold on better.

Finished!

This really only took me less that a half hour. You just keep gluing all the way around and go back and add more glue where they may not be on as good. I then luped a piece of jute through the front to the back for the hanger. This is quite heavy when done. And I recommend hanging it on something that can hold heavier items.

31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
15 Unbelievable Ways People Paint Their Walls
25 Fabulous Feather Projects That You Don't Want To Miss
3 Wonderful Ways You Can Upcycle Old Windows
Does Your Staircase Need an Update?
22 Homemade Soaps You Can Give As Gifts All Year Round

To see more: https://junktogems.blog/

• Jacx
    Jacx

I learned the hard way, spray or brush the corn w sealer! Over time it starts to fall apart. Bugs can be a serious issue, too. If you plan on keeping corn, seal it.

• Jacx
    Jacx

Yeah, I packed away my Thanksgiving decorations and the next year they were disintegrating! They had pick up a tiny little weavel like bug and it was eating it. We tend to forget they are organic due to how hard they are. 😉