DIY Man in the Moon Sign

$15

I've seen a lot of signs like this around the blog world and instagram, but they always sell out so fast that I can't seem to get my hands on one, so I decided to make one!

DIY man in the moon sign

To start with, I bought this graphic from Etsy for just $3! I asked my husband to enlarge the graphic to an 18 inch circle. I am NOT tech savvy at all, and had no idea how to do this. If you can't figure out how to get the graphic enlarged, and don't have someone to do it for you, you could always stop by your local copy center and have them enlarge it for you.

I found a precut 18 inch wood circle at Lowe's for less than $10. They also sell them at Home Depot. I stained the wood

And painted it white

While the paint was drying, I colored, using pencils, the back side of the graphic.

Once the paint was dry, I taped the graphic to the wood.

Then, using a pencil WITHOUT lead, I traced the graphic to transfer the image to the wood.

The tracing wasn't perfect, but I just needed the basic idea to follow.

Using black acrylic paint, I painted in the lines. I also used a black sharpie in a few places, to outline areas that were too tricky to get with the paint brush.

One the paint is dry, slightly sand, and you’re done!

15 Cute Ways To Decorate Tin Cans Into Planters
25 Fabulous Feather Projects That You Don't Want To Miss
Make Your Kitchen Beautiful With These 15 Inexpensive Ideas
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
Old License Plates Lying Around? Check Out These 28 Snazzy Decor Ideas
24 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
Emily Traxler