DIY Vintage Inspired Step Stool

$10

Lately, I've been on the hunt for a little step stool to complete my little stack in the kitchen. I haven't been able to find anything, so I decided to quickly build one.

Such a quick and easy project!

I started with a few pieces of scrap wood that I had out in my garage.

I cut everything down to size, and cut (using a jig saw) a "V" out of the side pieces. You can make your stool any size that works for your space. I knew that I wanted mine to be in the middle of the two that I already had, so I sized it accordingly.

I sanded all of the rough edges, and then glued and screwed everything together, starting with the cross supports to the side pieces/legs.

I then glued and screwed the top piece to the main body of the stool. 

Easy as that, I had a vintage inspired stool! And, it is sturdy! I even had my husband stand on it, just to make sure, and sure enough it held him!

All painted and finished! I love the uniqueness of these handmade vintage stools, and I think my newly DIY'd stool fits in perfectly!

3 Great Ideas To Easily Upgrade Your Window
Hide Your Couch's Wear and Tear With These Great Ideas
Does Your Staircase Need an Update?
18 Ideas to Keep You From Feeling Blue
Do You Want to Update Your Antique Furniture?
22 Homemade Soaps You Can Give As Gifts All Year Round
Emily Traxler