Curved Flower Bed

$50

So as we spent much of Spring in lock down we have been in the garden a lot so thought we would make some new flower beds and extend an existing one. I use a little trick to plot out the curves to help to visualise the boarder before you start to cut into the turf, read below to find out what!

See more here!

Before

So this is how the front of the decking looked before we added and extended the flower beds

Top Trick

To get a visual of how the new flower bed will look, I use a hose (or rope) to lay out the shapes and work out the size. You can then add in your plants while in the pots to make sure there is enough space and make any changes before you slice into the turf.

Following The Curve

Sadly I forgot to get an image of the process however using a half moon spade I simply follow the shape of the hose (making sure not to cut it!) and work my way along the full length. I also cut the turf into smaller squares to make it easier to lift with a spade. You can see how clean of a line this creates

Turning Over

At this point using a garden fork I do the back breaking work of turning and breaking up the soil to help in putting the plants in

Log Edge

We picked up this log edging from the garden centre as it just helps to give it a smarter finish. Digging a deeper trench to set this in help and you can push the soil against it to keep it secure.

Easy As That

finally you just need to dig in the new plants and as simple as that you have a smart looking new flower boarder!

15 Amazing Things You Can Do With Paint Stirrers
26 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You REALLY Excited for Christmas
3 Gorgeous & Easy Projects to Help You Decorate for Fall
Do Your Kitchen Cabinets Need an Update?
3 Absolutely Adorable Ways To Display Your Plants