Upcycled Cooler Candy Buckets

$10

I want to have kids come trick or treating at my house this year, but with social distancing I don't want to actually open the door and hand them candy! Which is why these cute Halloween candy buckets made from thrift store coolers are a perfect way to give out treats!

I used duck tape instead of paint because I wanted to reuse these coolers after Halloween. The tape can easily be peeled off.

Plus, it saves SO MUCH TIME using tape and not painting!

Supplies
  • Colored Duck Tapes
  • Scissors
Tape the Cooler

I added the duct tape in strips around the cooler. It wasn't possible to wrap one strip around the cooler completely because of the curves and handles. So I used several strips to get a cohesive look.

Cover the Logo

I covered the logo indentation with a piece of duck tape so that it would be smooth when I added the duck tape layers to cover it.

Add Features

Using black duct tape, I cut triangles to create a Jack O'Lantern face.

Fill With Treats

You can fill the coolers with treats or drinks. If you're doing treats, consider adding a bunch of plastic bags bunched up underneath to lift up the candy. That way, it looks like it's full without having to completely fill it up.

Watch the Video

I show you how I made this in my YouTube video. I just started this channel, so if you could please subscribe I'd appreciate it!!!

More Halloween DIY

I show how I did the mummy cooler candy bucket in my blog post (link underneath materials list below).

Want more Upcycle ideas for Halloween? Check out my tin can Halloween lanterns.

I also made cute farmhouse pumpkins out of old food cans.

Spring Cleaning Tricks for the Kitchen
The Best Industrial Style DIY Ideas For Your Home Using Pipes
Add A Hint Of Farmhouse Style In Your Home With These Ideas
25 Ways You Can Be an Artist - With No Experience Necessary!
15 Ways To Upcycle And Create More Storage At The Same Time
13 Bird Feeders From Upcycled Items
Single Girl's DIY

• Ronda
    Ronda

Wouldn't spray paint be easier?

• Ronda
      Ronda

In July the bright orange is cute. I would think just using black duck tape for the eyes and such is a lot easier to remove than the whole thing. Plus duck tape leaves a horrible residue. Just a thought. Love the colors though!

• Heather Ruiz
    Heather Ruiz

How cute!! And so thoughtful for the little ones. 💜💜

• SofttailToni
    SofttailToni

A WSOME! I LOVE ALL THESE. YES YOU COULD USE SPRAY PAINT. BUT SHE IS USING ANOTHER WAY...TAPE