How To Make A Gorgeous Autumn Wreath With Nuts!

4 materials
$40

Let's Go Nuts And Make A Wreath!

I've lost count at the number of nut wreaths I have made over the years. I've had them hanging on our own front door, and have given numerous away to friends and family. I'm not sure what my fascination is with making a wreath out of nuts. Perhaps because I may be a little nuts.

We could go there.

But really, to me, nuts resemble fall. This is the time when they are mature. Nuts start to fall from the trees in the late summer, early fall months. If preserved correctly, they last a really really long time, and yeah, I'm going to say it - they make for a really gorgeous wreath!

Here Is How To Make A Nut Wreath

The materials you'll need are:

• A variety of whole nuts, in their shells. I used pecans, walnuts, hazelnuts, Brazilian nuts, almonds, acorns and black walnuts. One pound of each variety is needed.
  • Hot glue gun and several hot glue sticks. (you'll need a lot for this project, so be prepared)
  • A 9-inch straw wreath form
  • Clear gloss spray paint
  • 36 inches of desired ribbon to hang the wreath

Gluing The Nuts To The Wreath Form

Have all of your materials, nuts, glue sticks, wreath form, all organized, and hot glue gun preheated. Start glueing the nuts to the straw wreath form, one by one, making sure you load up the side of the nut you want to adhere to the form with a good amount of hot glue. Hold the nut in place for a few seconds to secure.

Hot glue the nuts close together, making sure you vary the pattern, layering the nuts and ensuring the wreath form is not visible. Not to worry about glueing any nuts to the back of the form, as that will keep the wreath from hanging flat on the door or wall. Keep glueing all the way around the form up until there's two to three inches left of open area. At this time, wrap desired ribbon around the form so you can hang the wreath. Hot glue the ribbon into place, then continue to glue nuts until the entire wreath is covered.

Once the hot glue has dried, and the nuts are totally secure, take the wreath outside and spray with the clear gloss spray paint. Let dry completely outside.

Brooke Fedigan

Questions on this post

Your question...
  3 questions

Comments

2 of 17 comments
Next