Bathroom fixtures?

+15

How to use chrome bathtub and shower fixtures with bronze sink faucets and accessories. I like bronze but don't want expenses to replace all fixtures. Any suggestions?

• GrandmasHouseDIY GrandmasHouseDIY on Oct 19, 2020

Hi Jo, you can paint them :) Rustoleum now makes hardware spray paint in bronze and I can testify that it works great. I painted out all of my mom's gold fixtures and faucets in her bathroom and two years later they still look really great!

• Morgan McBride Morgan McBride on Oct 19, 2020

You can mix. Just try to have 3 instances of each color in a room. could add bronze picture frame or chrome light fixture for example. this makes it look more intentional.

• Kathy Gunter Law Kathy Gunter Law on Oct 19, 2020

Unless it bothers you to mix them, there's no problem to have both. Add accent pieces such as shower curtain hooks, frames, or jars with lids to balance them.

If you just can't stand it, you can paint them. Scuff with fine steel wool, wipe down with denatured alcohol, then spray paint with RustOleum metallic paints. They have some beautiful finishes and you should be able to easily match your bronze existing fixtures.

• Mogie Mogie on Oct 19, 2020

Here is a site that walks you thru the painting process for bathroom faucets.

https://www.blesserhouse.com/2015/10/how-to-spray-paint-shower-fixtures.html

• Recreated Designs Recreated Designs on Oct 19, 2020

Hi Jo, if you are able to take them off (or even remove them, you can always spray paint them the bronze look you like. There are so many great metallic spray paints out there now!

• Vimarhonor Vimarhonor on Oct 19, 2020

Hello. I have seen some bloggers paint their bathroom fixtures with oil rubbed bronze. I’m not too sure how this wears with use and water exposure.

I would suggest calling the paint manufactures before attempting this project myself

• William William on Oct 19, 2020

You can spray paint them with Rustoleum 2X spray paint

https://www.hometalk.com/search/posts?filter=paint%20faucet

• Dee Dee on Oct 19, 2020

I have seen painted fixtures, but they do not last long especially in the bathroom or kitchen. I would get a towel rack and spay the ends brass and then get some picture frames or a vase with some brass. Mix it in and make a statement.

• Betsy Betsy on Oct 19, 2020

Hi Jo: Well, you could paint them, but I wouldn't. Keep the shower curtain closed if it bothers you that much:) But, I agree with Morgan, put up some metalic silver and some bronze picture frames. The Dollar Tree has frames in silver and you can paint some of them bronze. Then put in pictures that will highlight both colours.

• You can get a spray paint and spray them all the same colour.

• Lauren of Mom Home Guide Lauren of Mom Home Guide on Oct 20, 2020

You could try using spray paint. You may have to touch it up after a while, but it’d be easier and less expensive than replacing them.

• Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Oct 20, 2020

Hello Jo,

Add Both Chrome and Bronze Accessories in the room!

• Holly Lengner - Lost Mom Holly Lengner - Lost Mom on Oct 20, 2020

You can spray paint them. Here are some posts to help you:

https://www.hometalk.com/search/posts?filter=spray%20paint%20bathroom%20hardware

• Ken Erickson Ken Erickson on Oct 20, 2020

I was also thinking about spray paint. Sometimes you can just find replacement handles and escutcheons leaving the original valves in place.

• Deb K Deb K on Oct 20, 2020

Hello Jo, the good news is... you can paint the fixtures to look bronze!! Hope this helps you out,

https://www.blesserhouse.com/how-to-spray-paint-shower-fixtures/

• Cheryl A Cheryl A on Oct 21, 2020

paint them Rusteloum has a spray paint for repainting fixtures

• Kmdreamer Kmdreamer on Oct 25, 2020

You could paint them the same color

• Lindsay Aratari Lindsay Aratari on Oct 31, 2020

You could spray paint them all the same