Winter Christmas Trees

$20

It's time to start thinking about Christmas and decorating for the season! This project is an easy craft and would be fun to do with the kids.

I purchased the paper trees and cones, but made it a budget friendly project by using materials I had on hand at home to decorate them. I hope my variety of trees will give you ideas on making your own.

Material List
  • Paper Christmas Tree cone
  • Paper cones
  • Scissors
  • A variety of materials for your trees (Fabric, twine, yarn, etc)
  • A variety of Glue (Wood glue, fabric glue, spray adhesive, glue sticks, etc)

*TIP* USE THE GLUE THAT FITS THE MATERIALS YOU CHOOSE TO DECORATE YOUR TREES WITH.

Loop Yarn Tree

I made 5 trees using different materials in each. I like the textures and combining them.

This particular tree uses the Loop Yarn. I really like how this yarn makes it look like a pine tree. (Check out my Loop Winter wreath tutorial in my projects)

Using the fabric glue, I glued the end of the loop yarn at the top, making sure there was a loop near the top of the tree. I then wrapped the yarn around the tree and glued every 3rd or 4th row to allow it to drape and have some movement. I was just careful to make sure you couldn't see the paper tree under the yarn.

This is how it looks gluing every 3rd or 4th wrap of the yarn.

The finished loop tree.

Once I was finished wrapping the tree, I glued the yarn all the way down around the base of the tree.

Chunky Yarn Tree

The 2nd tree was another yarn tree, this time using a chunky yarn. Using the fabric glue again, I added a generous amount of glue to the tip of the tree and started wrapping the yarn around the tree form.

As you can see in the photo, this time I glued all the yarn down. I also made sure to wrap the yarn tightly around the form.

Once I got to the bottom of the tree I kept going and finished the bottom off, leaving just the trunk bare.

Drop Cloth Tree

On this tree I used leftover drop cloth strips from a DIY wreath. (Instructions found in my saved projects)

NOTE - I ended up using fabric glue for ALL of my trees.

I wrapped and glued strips in all directions until the tree form was covered.

Fabric Tree

I took cotton fabric and laid it out flat.

I then placed my cone in one corner and cut the fabric leaving a small amount at the bottom to wrap under the cone and give it a finished look.

I started to glue my fabric using the seam line on the cone and glued as I wrapped the fabric around.

Once fully wrapped, I cut the excess fabric from the seam. Then I glued the seam from the tip to the bottom and wrapped the excess fabric under the cone.

Jute Twine Tree

Using the same method as the Chunky Yarn Tree I wrapped my last tree with jute twine for a rustic look.

Two trees wrapped in different yarns.

The other 3 trees using drop cloth, jute twine and fabric.

Here are all 5 trees.

I love grouping them together. (I may even make more)

The different textures make this a cozy winter wonderland. The best part is this decor can be used for winter and Christmas decor, if you choose.

15 Genius Hacks to Keep Pests Away
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
3 Brilliant Ideas How to Use Photo Frames
25 Fun Things You'll Want to DIY Before the Spring Arrives
Check Out These Wonderful Ways To Decorate Your Plain Mugs

To see more: //www.instagram.com/_staci.marie_