VINYL IN CEILING IN CARPORT NEEDS REPLACED WHAT ELSE IS THERE.

SandyMogieKen Erickson
+13

10-20-2020 During Hurricane Sally the wind got under the vinyl in my carport (8 pieces) and both corners of my house (6 pieces) and blew them everywhere, I got them back hurricane or not. Is there anything else that is low maintenance and easy to install without having to hire the marines to put it on? I live in Florida and the humidity and moisture will rot wood. Any ideas will be very much appreciated...thanks in advance.

• Kathy Gunter Law
    Kathy Gunter Law

I am a bit confused by the subject vs. the question. If it's the ceiling, you could use drop ceiling panels but that would be no different than vinyl. Perhaps just keep a few extra pieces on hand.

• Cheryl A
    Cheryl A

Sandy

First of all so sorry this happened to you. Is the vinyl on the ceiling, walls or where?

here is some info for you https://orlandosteel.com/blog/

• Cheryl A
    Cheryl A

Here is another idea for you as well

https://www.theledger.com/article/20050910/news/608117283

• Redcatcec
    Redcatcec

Yes, I am confused as well,is this vinyl siding you are talking about or is it something else? Is it the same vinyl on both the house and carport? Since you made the effort to go out and reclaim what was blown off, what did you intend to do with it?

You might look into what a contracctor would have to say about replace/re[air. Get free estimates, along with that comes free advice.

William

The vinyl would be the only solution. It would just need to be secured more better but hurricane damage is inevitable. Wind forces, atmospheric pressure changes can destroy anything.

• Sandy
      Sandy

WILLIAM WE DID SECURE THE CEILING VINYL THAT WAS LEFT PER THE INSURANCE COM. AND TRIED TO MAKE SOME REPAIRS WHICH IS WHAT THEY ENDED UP TELLING US 3 WEEKS AFTER THE FACT...WE USED METAL ROOF SCREWS....I LIKE THEM BETTER AND MIGHT JUST END UP USING THEM ALL AROUND...THANKS FOR YOUR HELP....10-21-2020

• Dee
    Dee

You could use aluminum. I have aluminum on my patio cover and it does not rust, and stands up to a lot of humidity.

• Deb K
    Deb K

Hello Sandy, hope this helps you out,

https://makeachoicehomeexterior.com/siding-for-hot-climate/

• Holly Lengner - Lost Mom
    Holly Lengner - Lost Mom

You can ask around in your neighborhood to find out how others are securing their vinyl or find out what they are using instead.

• Sandy
      Sandy

DOES NOT SEEM LIKE ANY ONE HAS VINYL LIKE I DO, PREVIOUS OWNER PUT IT ON AFTER IVAN IN 2004....BEEN CHECKING OUT THE NEIGHBORHOOD WHEN I WALK AND HAVEN'T SEEN ANYTHING....

THANKS 10-21-2020

• Johnavallance82
    Johnavallance82

Hello there,

Sadly it is just one of those things, From time to time you will be the one the High Winds choose to visit! All you can do is your best to secure it again and hope next time the wind chooses someone else to visit. Best wishes.

• Ken Erickson
    Ken Erickson

You can apply cement board siding. You can butt them edge to edge (no overlap). I did that under an overhead deck (sloped joists so it would drain).

• Mogie
    Mogie

You have vinyl drop ceiling tiles in your carpot?

• Sandy
    Sandy

SORRY FOR THE HAPAZARD WAY I INFORMED EVERYBODY, JUST WANT TO GET THIS PAST US AND MOVE ON UNTIL THE NEXT TIME....

THE VINYL WAS UNDERNEITH THE CARPORT AND ON BOTH SIDES OF THE EAVES OF THE HOUSE...THE CARPORT CEILING VINYL WAS APPROX. 8' (8 EA)AND THE EAVES WAS APPROX. 3' (6 EA) ..PER THE INSURANCE CO I WAS INSTRUCTED TO FIX WHAT I COULD TO PREVENT FURTHER DAMAGE...I SECURED THE VINYL THAT IS LEFT WITH METAL ROOF SCREWS...AND THEY SEEM TO BE HOLDING OUT FINE MIGHT SECURE THE REST OF THE VINYL WITH MORE METAL ROOF SCREWS..THANKS FOR YOUR CONCERN....BE SAFE...