How To Keep Your Shower Glass Clean For WEEKS?!

$8

Who else is tired of consistently cleaning your glass shower doors? Here's my secret weapon for a steak free glass for WEEKS!!!!

It's VERY simple and super effective  plus it works for exterior sliding glass doors.

Spotty and Dirty Glass Check
Step 1

I find eraser sponges to be the quickest way to remove soap scum from glass.

After comparing a bunch of brands I've settled on the knock offs which I pick up from Amazon ($7 for 50) you can see them HERE.

• I add a few drops of soap and water and scrub.
  • Rinse clean and dry.
  • Microfiber clothes are my favorite for a lint free finish.
Step 2 Wax On & Wax Off

Spray your Turtle Wax or RainX - I've used both over the years.

• Make your efforts last longer by using a squeeze after you shower.
  • You'll find the extra 30 seconds it takes you to squeeze your glass is well worth the effort.

Here's some research taken right off the Rain-X website:

https://www.rainx.com/faq/can-use-rainx-original-glass-treatment-shower-door

The results will usually last several weeks, depending on the frequency and length of your showers. 

As a side note, I use the same cleaning process (eraser sponges and squeegee minus the wax) for my tile walls.

For more bathroom cleaning hacks visit my post.

Happy Cleaning

16 Stunning Sign Ideas You Can Make for Your Home
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
Here's How You Can DIY The Hottest Home Decor Trends of 2018
Super Cool Painting Techniques You've Probably Never Seen!
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
Rebecca, RestyledHomes

William

Another super great tip. Spray wax does work. Rain X doesn't last as long.

Clean your glass shower door

Just like nonstick cooking spray can remove tough grime buildup in your bathroom sink and tub, the same goes for cleaning your shower door, too. Simply spray a bit of oil directly on your dirty shower door to clear away the lime deposits and dirt real quick. Use a kitchen scrubby to clean off the crud. The fine coating left behind will repel water.

Clean soap scum off your shower

Who knew cooking spray could tackle soap scum buildup in your bathtub, shower, and sink? Since oil breaks down lime deposits, a quick spritz of cooking spray on your bathroom sink or shower tile will remove any gross grime in no time. Also leaves a coating that will repel water.

Shine your faucets

Nothing will make your bathroom fixtures glisten like a little bit of cooking spray. Spritz a tiny bit on your sink faucets and shower fixtures to rid them of buildup and allow them to really shine. Also leaving a fine coating that will repel water and future water spots.

• CKRN
      CKRN

Common sense is dont spray where you will be standing!!

• Becky
    Becky

I am just finishing three simultaneous bathroom remodels, two involve new glass and tile showers. I’ve been nervous about how we’re going to keep these looking new. I would never have thought of spraying turtle wax on glass!!!! Isn’t that a product for car finishes? So here’s my concern: my fear is the wax will smear on the glass and then I’ll need another hometalk.com post to figure out how to remove the wax! But you’re saying just spray on and squeegee off? That simple? Wow.

• Jeanne Marie Kuan
      Jeanne Marie Kuan

I actually use paste wax. It takes a little longer to buff it out, but it lasts for months. I do, however use a squeeze after I shower. I’m thinking that is what she meant, or when doing touch ups.

• Lainey
    Lainey

This is great but does anyone know what the toxicity is of these products?

• Beth
      Beth

No, but you are not going to be licking the shower doors (I hope) or even breathing it for very long, and the shower isn't an enclosed space, so I doubt it would be a problem.

• Debra
    Debra

I keep a Magic Eraser in my shower and when I finish my shower I wipe the shower walls before I get out,I haven’t had soap scum since I started doing this might sound kind of weird but it works for me.

• Dmotan
    Dmotan

I am a bathtub lover but also have a shower. I don't intend to "work" after I have taken my shower or bath. I want to get out, moisturize, pat myself dry and go on with my day. I know I'm going to have to come back on cleaning day and have more work, but just not into cleaning and working right after my shower. Bathing is a luxury so I want to keep it a pleasure.

Cleaning the jets in my jetted tub is a long process but it keeps it germ and mold free.