How to Dry Pampas Grass in 3 Easy Steps

$0

Do you love the trend of using pampas grass in home decor?

Me too!

And if you can believe it I have a pampas grass plant right in my backyard but have never used the plumes in my home.

Until NOW!

Check out my tips to dry pampas grass in 3 easy steps without waiting weeks for drying.

Cut and style your pampas grass on the same day!

Cut Stems of Pampas Grass Reed

Using small handheld garder pruner cut pampas grass reed to desired length.

Trim the Foliage on Stem

Remove any foliage from the reed of the pampas grass so that it is smooth for drying.

Prevent Shedding with Hairspray

First I gave the pampas grass reed a good shake to get rid of as much excess plume shedding as I could.

Then I grabbed a can of hairspray and gave each pampas grass plume a generous misting.

That's it!

So simple right?!

I used my pampas grass in glass bottleneck jar vases as part of my dining room table centerpiece.

The reeds have now dried while in the vases and they haven't shed at all thanks to the hairspray!

This project didn't cost me any out of pocket expenses since the pampas grass plant is growing in my backyard and I used what I had at home to style the dining table.

15 Memorial Day Crafts
15 Home Improvement DIY Ideas You'll Want To Copy This Month
Get Ready For The Baseball Season With These Great Projects
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
15 DIY Projects That Will Make You Say "WOW!"
Live Life In Color With These Amazing Ideas For Your Home
Simply2Moms

• Brenda Gimbel

Do you think that a couple light coats of clear spray paint would be a stronger hold for the grass vs. hairspray?

• Simply2Moms
      34 minutes ago

I'm honestly not sure about spray paint but the hairspray did hold up well and you can always recoat every a few months.

• Merflux41

I love this! I have this grass outside my back door and love the way it looks, now I am going to cut some and use it inside! Perfect too because I know right where it is going. Thanks for such a great and free idea! Happy Holidays to you and yours!

• Linda Lavine

Pampas grass is a non native invasive plant. Pull it up and destroy it

• Simply2Moms
      31 minutes ago

Hi Linda - I've had my pampas grass plant for 12 years and it hasn't spread or invaded the rest of my garden yet. But thanks for the info.