How to Dry Pampas Grass in 3 Easy Steps

$0

Do you love the trend of using pampas grass in home decor?

Me too!

And if you can believe it I have a pampas grass plant right in my backyard but have never used the plumes in my home.

Until NOW!

For more simple and budget-friendly DIY project ideas, be sure to follow us on HomeTalk and visit our blog!

Check out my tips to dry pampas grass in 3 easy steps without waiting weeks for drying.

Cut and style your pampas grass on the same day!

Cut Stems of Pampas Grass Reed

Using a small handheld garden pruner cut pampas grass reed to the desired length.

Trim the Foliage on Stem

Remove any foliage from the reed of the pampas grass so that it is smooth for drying.

Prevent Shedding with Hairspray

First I gave the pampas grass reed a good shake to get rid of as much excess plume shedding as I could.

Then I grabbed a can of hairspray and gave each pampas grass plume a generous misting.

That's it!

So simple right?!

I used my pampas grass in glass bottleneck jar vases as part of my dining room table centerpiece.

The reeds have now dried while in the vases and they haven't shed at all thanks to the hairspray!

This project didn't cost me any out-of-pocket expenses since the pampas grass plant is growing in my backyard and I used what I had at home to style the dining table.

14 DIY Must-Haves For All Camping Trips
Get Ready For The Baseball Season With These Great Projects
These Stunning Seating Ideas Will Blow You Away
29 Ways To Get A Splash Of Blue In Your House
These Bathroom Makeovers Might Inspire You To Update Your Own
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
Simply2Moms

• Brenda Gimbel
    Brenda Gimbel

Do you think that a couple light coats of clear spray paint would be a stronger hold for the grass vs. hairspray?

• Simply2Moms
      Simply2Moms

I'm honestly not sure about spray paint but the hairspray did hold up well and you can always recoat every a few months.

• Linda Lavine
    Linda Lavine

Pampas grass is a non native invasive plant. Pull it up and destroy it

• Simply2Moms
      Simply2Moms

Hi Linda - I've had my pampas grass plant for 12 years and it hasn't spread or invaded the rest of my garden yet. But thanks for the info.

• Dal51021055
    Dal51021055

Which hairspray is suitable to use I am planning to use it on Saturday. And how long before cutting can it be used.