How to Make Mini Tiered Tray Signs

$3

In todays tutorial I will be creating some adorable mini tiered tray signs. This is a simple project and I just love making these cute little signs.

I started out my crafting adventure by making larger wood signs and I really enjoyed it. But to shipping on these was so high I decided I needed to use lighter wood or make smaller signs. That's about the time tiered trays were becoming so popular. Theses signs are so cute!

I sell the pre-cut vinyl for these signs on my website. If you are interested visit https://rebrand.ly/Mini-Signs-1 to see the selection.

Complete Tutorial.

Step 1 - Creating stain out of acrylic paint

I create a blackish gray weathered looking stain by adding acrylic paint and water. I mixed it well and applied it to all four signs.

Step 2

While the stain was drying I cut out 4 Christmas inspired designs using my Cricut.

After weeding and attaching transfer paper I added each of the designs to the wood signs.

Step 3 - My Secret

When I apply vinyl to wood I always use a thin piece of fabric and my iron. I know this sounds crazy but I'm telling you it works amazing. By doing this your vinyl will have more of a hand-painted look. The heat from the iron melts the vinyl into all the creases and crevices of the wood.

Step 4

Once all the signs were ready I added a layer of mod podge to give them more of a finished look.

I also added pieces of twine to the back of each ornament so it could be hung on the tree or sat on a tiered tray, counter, table, or any flat surface.

This is a great hand-made gift idea for the holidays. Perfect for friends, family, co-workers or secret Santa gifts.

Completed Project

• Wood  (Hobby Lobby)
  • Vinyl  (Amazon)
  • Black Acrylic Paint  (Amazon)

Step-by-Step Painting Techniques You'll Want to Try!
Hometalk's Top 10 Spookiest Halloween Picks Of 2017
Live Life In Color With These Amazing Ideas For Your Home
22 Ideas To Make Your Terracotta Pots Look Oh-So-Pretty
Dawn @ Designs By Gaddis